07 2500hd shaking at speeds around 50mph..

Truck shakes at speeds between 48-52mph and above 60mph. Did it before and after new tires where installed. Replaced both drivetrain ujoints and rear brake pads. I dont really feel it when braking except when coming down through the speed range of 48-50mph. When I replaced the rear pads the calipers where sticking so I greased the retaining pins/bolts. Any sugestions of what could be the issue?

Thanks for any info...

Have the tires radial force balanced to ensure that they have less than 32 lbs of radial force variance, per wheel/tire assembly. If no change, add 600 lbs of weight to the area of the box that is from the tailgate to the rear of the wheel tubs. If changed, you have frame beaming. If not changed, check rear propshaft for proper working angles, trueness and balance.

ChevyTech77, So I happened to have some sand bags sitting around the shop. I put about 15bags 500-600lbs in the truck and drove home and guess what no shaking at 50-55. There is a slight vibration at 45 but nothing like it was before. So is there a solution to Frame Beaming from GM?

ChevyTech77, So I happened to have some sand bags sitting around the shop. I put about 15bags 500-600lbs in the truck and drove home and guess what no shaking at 50-55. There is a slight vibration at 45 but nothing like it was before. So is there a solution to Frame Beaming from GM?

Could be part of it. I'd still have the tires radial force balanced below 32 lbs per assembly because they can aggravate it. What cab option? Crew, extended or standard?

Search for --> PIT3009M - Frame shake/beaming

Install these rear most cab mounts. 2009 and newer trucks already have them factory installed and I can say that my '11 ecsb is smooth as glass, other than the junk Bridgestone tires that are currently on it, at highway speeds.

Parts Info

Part # Description Qty

25994881 Upper Mount 2

25791032 Lower Mount 2

15854745 (if needed) W asher 2

Edited by ChevyTech77

Don't shortcut the tires though. The harmonic, from the tires having excessive radial force variance, will promote a resonance through the cab that the new mounts can't stop any better than the original mounts. See, with a tuned mount, like the updated ones, you can make a mount "ignore" say X hz/frequency vibrations but that's it. Most everything else, it's going to handle it no better than the original mount. Hope that makes sense.

Edited by ChevyTech77

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Search for --> PIT3009M - Frame shake/beaming

Install these rear most cab mounts. 2009 and newer trucks already have them factory installed and I can say that my '11 ecsb is smooth as glass, other than the junk Bridgestone tires that are currently on it, at highway speeds.

Parts Info

Part # Description Qty

25994881 Upper Mount 2

25791032 Lower Mount 2

15854745 (if needed) W asher 2

I have 2006 GMC SIERRA 2500HD CREW are these the GM part numbers I need?

• 4 years later...

How did it work out , I have a 09 gmc 2500hd dmax having same troubles replaced everything  upfront  still have trouble  front end feels like hoping  47. mph.    All that's left is new rims and tires.  Need to go on rack just did pitman arm  an idlers ect.     If 4 new tires dont help  me know.   I dont know what will.  May e have to get new truck so bad only 90 k on truck.