Any of you running mild lifts in your HD?

Looking for suggestions for my 08 2500 Sierra 4X4 long bed crew cab D-Max. I don't need anything fancy, I'd like a few more inches of ground clearance, as the GMT-900s seem to be lacking this as compared to the GMT-800s, not to mention it would make my truck look a bit better. I don't need bigger tires, but may consider going up one tire size to also improve the looks. I think she has 17's on her right now.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Just turn up the torsion bars and add an Add-A-Leaf spring in the rear. I think the HDs look right at home with that much lift and a set of 285/70/17s, or similar size tires, on them. Im not a fan of 20s unless you are running a 35" tire or larger.

The HDs do still have torsion bars dont they?

If thats not enough, you could alway add a 4" or 6", but because of the dropped front crossmember, they dont do much to improve ground clearance unless you upsize your tires.

Whatever you do, dont put a body lift on an HD. Besides the fact that you gain absolutely 0" of clearance unless you go with bigger rubber, they just leave too much frame exposed.

Every truck ive had just got a mild lift.. I love just adding a 2 or 3" block in the rear with or without an add a leaf,

And new keys up front. the truck will be at a great height not look like to much, the tire wont stick out to far, and you,ll fit almost a 35" tire. And still have money in your pocket!

On my 2007 3500HD new body style, I bought it with a set of 315's on Hummer rims installed. Minor rubbing in the front of teh front fenders at full lock and the original owner butchered the plastic liners in the trailing edge of teh front wheel wells, I replaced them. If I take it easy when I drive up and down dirveways at full lock its ok. I turned up the torsion bars a little.

Gives a nice solid road feel and great traction. Just need a good set of mudflaps to keep the BFGs from throwing so many rocks and mud.

My long term plan is to do a set of keys with the Cognito Motorsports front control arms. Really like cognito motorsprts stuff. May even do the Fox shocks but that is another lots of money and the wife needs a new car. Just want to level it a little bit and repalce the upper ball joints with a better product. I never go half ass on parts since I install them all myself.

I just did ready lift keys, 2" blocks on back, 33" tires. I like it a lot.

I really want to do this to my truck, but my concern is being able to get it into my garage after the lift, as I only have a 7 ft. door. Did you measure the total lift in the front and the rear?

I had the same concerns with my 1500. Just park the truck in the garage door opening and measure the distance from the tallest point on the truck, to the lowest point on the garage door. That will tell you how tall you can go before you hit anything. Just take into account the height of the lift AND the amount of extra height you will get from tires.

Have any pics with this set-up to share/post? I would like to do something similiar but height concerns with the garage are the main issue with me as well.

Build a Taller Garage like i did.. Just kidding well I did build a 30'x30' garage with 10' wide doors, 9' high.. but not for the truck :):driving:

I have a ready lift kit on my truck... 2" front with 2" rear blocks .. I bought a set of wheels.. they will go on in the spring ...

Build a Taller Garage like i did.. Just kidding well I did build a 30'x30' garage with 10' wide doors, 9' high.. but not for the truck :):driving:

I have a ready lift kit on my truck... 2" front with 2" rear blocks .. I bought a set of wheels.. they will go on in the spring ...

Sir, I'm envious of your garage! Unfortunantly right now, I'm living in a condo and they wouldnt be real pleased if I ripped the garage door out. lol

Did the keys as well, but put the add-a-leaf in rear. It was probably more work, but better for load and stability.

Archived