Removing Center Console

I've done a search but cant seem to find what I'm looking for. One of the trim pieces on my console broke, and I have a new trim piece to fix it with, but I cant get the old piece off. I dont want to break anything else and have to buy more pieces. Has anyone seen a write up on how to remove the console or has done the removal? I mostly just need to know how to remove and install the passenger side trim piece at the front of the console. Thanks in advance for any help guys.

unbolt the seats and move them up over the bolts and to the side a bit and the center console will slide right out. It is held in place by the inside bolts of the seats. I have done this in about 15 minutes before.

Do you have a pic of the piece. I have some service manual documents but not exactly sure which trim piece.

I'll get pictures up for you tomorrow. didn't get a chance to take them tonight.

Jdub, I was hoping to avoid removing the seats as it is only the very front trim piece I have to replace but, thanks for the info as there is a chance it may come to that.

Here's the pictures

th_100_0563.jpg

its the trim piece at the front.

th_100_0564.jpg

as you can see the tabs have broken

th_100_0565.jpg

Here is the new piece

th_100_0566.jpg

Its the piece at the end that would attach to the top of the console that seems to be attached some how.

Click on the thumbnails and the should enlarge. Thanks guys

One part slides in and the rest just clips in. In fact are you sure the old Part is broken? The clip is stuck in the retaining hole in that pic. Is the plastic broken on the loose part side?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived