Remote Start?

GTR312

Question

Hey Techs,

I own a GMC Sierra 1500 2009, I don't have a remote start feature on my FOB. In my manual it states "If your vechile does not have the remote vechile start feature, it may have the remote start ready feature" If I do, is it possbile buying just the FOB with the start feature and getting a technician to program it for me? Or even doing it myself? I know there's a option on my dash when I skim through my odometer, tachometer, etc. theres something that I remember seeing called remote key. Maybe a way to program the remote starter? If not does anyone know how much a GM technition charge for a factory remote starter?

Thanks.

Edited by GTR312

I am buying a GMC that I see only has the AP8 Remote Vehicle Starter Prep PKG. Any idea on cost to add remote start? It comes with the convenience package. The only things I want from the convenience package are the remote start and possibly the backup assist sensors, but I am doing the Advent OGM1 stereo with camera, so I can do without the sensors I think. Can you just add remote start?

Thanks

Part Name: Factory Remote Start

Part Number: 22759548
Requires RPO's: AP8, E61, Z49
AP8 - LOCK CONTROL, ENTRY REMOTE ENTRY, EXTENDED RANGE (DO NOT USE AFTER 2009 M.Y.)
E61 - DOOR RR LIFTGATE, POWER
Z49 - COUNTRY CANADA
Not for RPO's: HP2, Y91
HP2 - HYBRID PROPULSION ELECTRIC, AHS2
Y91 - MERCHANDISED PKG LUXURY EDITION
By pressing a button on the key fob, the remote start system starts your parked Yukon. Great for pre-warming or pre-cooling your vehicle. Seamlessly integrated with your vehicle's anti-theft and remote keyless entry systems.

***********************************************************************************************************************

The price is listed as $325 installed.

So I have the ap8 code but the dealer acts like they got to install all kinds of stuff to make it work and even then they say it might not work with OnStar which OnStar says I have the OnStar capabilities of auto start I'm just not programmed do they have to install something or is it just a matter of programming the key fobs again I have ap8. they've given me the run-around they even installed an aftermarket starter which they are taking out on their dime and install whatever they need to install properly on their dime. But I feel like I'm just getting the run-around Again by them saying it may not work with OnStar

• Like 1

On 1/13/2012 at 7:00 PM, TimmyG said:

I paided $250 for the autopage thats good for a mile i just had put in the g/fs kia soul

I have the same issue I have a 07 gmc yukon xl slt fully loaded and the remote has a starter button but when I try to start it the lights flash one time then nothing happens any suggestions