How much can I tow?

denali321

OK......... now, we can say...... "you're good to go" :thumbs: ......

You will still want to get your fully loaded rig to a scales though........ You can't get away from the fact that it's a 1/2T truck (not a 3/4T) and you have a max payload and you will want to have a good idea where you stand on that.

Do yourself a favor...... when you get all your numbers, plug them into that calculator that I gave you a link to........ If for no other reason..... just for the education and piece of mind. :D

Good luck.... sounds like a great rig.

I haven't had time to really use mine, so I really haven't been active on any forums. Here are a couple of pics.

Looks to be between 21 ft to 25 ft (I think you mentioned 29 ft before)? What model is it? Just curious...

I haven't had time to really use mine, so I really haven't been active on any forums. Here are a couple of pics.

Looks to be between 21 ft to 25 ft (I think you mentioned 29 ft before)? What model is it? Just curious...

Sure looks evey bit of 29' to me........ the car next to it must be at least 16'. My trailer is 20' ft closed.

It's a 1979 Airstream Ambassador 29ft with the Landyacht options.

I'd give you $1500 for it (tidy little profit :thumbs: ) sight unseen...... :D

I'll add you to the list of people who want to buy it. I live on a busy road and people stop and ask if I will sell it and leave notes if I'm not there. One old guy stops every year. You'll have to up your bid though, because he told me he would give $2,000 :happysad: .

I just had an issue with insurance where they only wanted to insure it for nada value, which is around $1,600. I had to provide documentation that it was worth more. After reviewing what I gave them , they assigned a value of $7,000 to it.

Archived