Roof Marker/Clearance lights on 1500

what would be involved in making this work? i want to do so much to my truck, and fill my time with projects. now that i put the tow mirrors got the level kit, going to do an airlift system. but these would be for looks to kind of match the mirrors.

Not a hard project at all. The hardest part would be finding the correct wire to hook into. The most stressfull part is probably drilling the holes in the cab. I was going to put a set on my S10, but I couldnt bring myself drill through my roof.

You should be able to pull the wires through the roof liner down the A-pillars.

+1 on not wanting to drill the roof though. Another potential water entry point + rust (not to mention mucking up a pefectly good roof if you mis-measure) :)

any aftermarket shop should be able to install them no problem... its simple really the most difficult part is getting everything measured out... i've done tons of these, alot of the gm trucks have a plug on the passanger side behind the triangle cover on teh side of the dash where the factory ones plug into

A buddy of mine just bought an aftermarket kit from recon and added the cab lights to his F150. It was a really easy install. The kit had everything we needed. And I didn't mind drilling through his roof at all lol

come to cali and do mine. got a case of beer for you. :lol:

i see you have the recons. did your truck have them from the factory or did you have to drill

I put them on my last 2 Silverados and helped my buddy put them on his. I found a 2500 or 3500 with factory lights and measured and measured.

Take your time and set the lights on the roof and measure and look to make sure they are straight and parallel. Mark the holes at that time and also check under the lights for the holes for the wires to go thru. Buy small rubber gromlets or use silicone around the hole to keep the wires from rubbing thru.

Take out the sun visor and the ceiling light console if you have one and the post on the drivers side. You can fish the wires from these holes and over to the post and down the post.

I put a relay under the hood and ran a hot wire to it and ran a wire under the truck to the tail light to have them turn on with the lights. You could also run them to a switch on the dash and turn them on manually. Another option is to wire them thru a relay to the interior lights so they come on with the dash lights and can be dimmed or brightened with that switch.

you can install any set on any vehicle they're not vehicle specific... whatever makes you happy is what you can install...

Kind of figured that but wasn't sure if different roof curvatures might increase the probability of leaks using a generic marker light. That being said, the roof marker lights have always been associated with the 3/4 ton and up models so kind of makes more sense style-wise to install on a beefier truck but hey if it looks cool run it.

Archived