Roof Marker/Clearance lights on 1500

Both trucks look nice..always wanted to put them on but was thinking I need to make the 1500 crew look a little tougher before I install lights..maybe my wider rims and the BFG'S I still have ( 285/65/18 ) and a leveling kit. Just can't bring myself to start messing with the stock setup after having so many ball joint issues and clunking in the 07 seirra.

come to cali and do mine. got a case of beer for you. :lol:

i see you have the recons. did your truck have them from the factory or did you have to drill

Sorry for the late reply. Cali is a little too much of a drive for me. lol :lol:

My truck came with the factory lights and I changed them over to the Recons (Plug and Play). Like I said before I helped one friend put them on his 150 and it was a fairly easy job after getting the right drill bit. Hardest part was was getting them in the right spot. Another friend of mine is ordering them for his 350, hopefully we will be putting them in in a week or two.

As for a brand, I have heard good and bad with both Pacer and Recons. Those are the only two I have really heard about but I know there are more out there.

• 2 months later...

I know these postings were sometime back. I have a 2012 Silverado and I posted about the Damn Airbags that are at the top of the pillars, That is the ONLY thing making me hold off. I even called the Dealer and they refuse to put them in, and refuse to remove the airbags for me while I go do it and then have them reinstall them when I am done putting the lights on. I have given some thought to just sticking the lights on the roof with super Thin 3m automotive tape just to have them look good, but I find it frustrating that Man can be sent to the Moon but yet putting cab lights on a pickup truck can be so diffiuclt to get done.

Archived