Set Up on 07-12 Chevy 1500 with Fisher Plow

Guys,

Just wanted to pass this along. I placed a Fisher HT series plow on my 07 Chevy 1500 Ext Cab LTZ pick-up. I have the solid color matched front bumper so in lied the problem of getting the plow wires through. The dealers wanted to take the grille and sandwich the wires for the plow between the grille and the bumper which you and I both know would've chaffed the paint right off

I decided to mount the plow module where the extra battery goes under the hood of the truck and I made a plastic mat that sat exactly in the well of my center console. This is where I stuck the joystick control for ease of operation. I then ran the plow harness wires down toward the front license plate frame. I figured since I had to cut the front valence to mount the plow I might as well cut a whole in the license plate frame and runt he wires through it. When its winter I take the front plate off and run the wires through a oblong horizontal hole I cut with a dremel in the front license plate and when its summer I tuck the wires back in and zip tie them together and then to the frame behind the front bumper.

Hopes this helps anyone who does not want to cut holes in the grille of their truck or ruin their bumper. I spent a lot of time thinking this over and came up with this idea. Its been working out great.

Any questions and Ill send photos

Guys,

Just wanted to pass this along. I placed a Fisher HT series plow on my 07 Chevy 1500 Ext Cab LTZ pick-up. I have the solid color matched front bumper so in lied the problem of getting the plow wires through. The dealers wanted to take the grille and sandwich the wires for the plow between the grille and the bumper which you and I both know would've chaffed the paint right off

I decided to mount the plow module where the extra battery goes under the hood of the truck and I made a plastic mat that sat exactly in the well of my center console. This is where I stuck the joystick control for ease of operation. I then ran the plow harness wires down toward the front license plate frame. I figured since I had to cut the front valence to mount the plow I might as well cut a whole in the license plate frame and runt he wires through it. When its winter I take the front plate off and run the wires through a oblong horizontal hole I cut with a dremel in the front license plate and when its summer I tuck the wires back in and zip tie them together and then to the frame behind the front bumper.

Hopes this helps anyone who does not want to cut holes in the grille of their truck or ruin their bumper. I spent a lot of time thinking this over and came up with this idea. Its been working out great.

Any questions and Ill send photos

What did you do about the frt suspension on your truck to handle all that weight hanging out frt?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived