Sign in to follow this  

Hi everyone! I just bought a 2006 Silverado 2500hd with the 6.0. It's a regular cab/long box. I will post up pictures tomorrow. I was just wondering what kind of performance upgrades I can do.

Does anyone make these parts?

-Long tube headers, or even shorties?

-Cat-backs?

-Tuners?

-CAI?

-Transmission upgrades?

Thanks everyone!

Cody

A black bear tune is the way to go, cat backs wont do anything really but give you more noise. As for trans a transgo reprograming kit is what i have heard to be a good start

I have a 2006 3/4ton, and would say that the best bang for your buck is the computer tune, I got mine from Wheatley, and it was great. I also added a cat back, but that was mainly for the sound vs. performance. I would say that the long tubes would be good, but you have to remember that these trucks are 6000lbs so you need alot of HP to notice anything. As for transmission upgrades, these 4L80E are pretty strong from the get go, so I would say it is not needed unless the trans is getting tired. Good luck.

Gmc crop

I'd take a look down through the Black Bear Performance section. Seems to be the way to go. I might be looking to go that way one day, but my budget requires other projects first.

As mentioned, a BB tune is the best option you can go with for now. Long tubes being the second best.