Photo

March 2012 Truck of the Month Voting

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
97 replies to this topic

Poll: March 2012 Truck of the Month Voting (95 member(s) have cast votes)

March 2012 Truck of the Month Voting

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 jimmyboy8301

jimmyboy8301

Enthusiast

• 781 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:06 PM

so you guys wasted money on a camaro, cool :thumbs:

James

Posted Image
2011 Chevy Silverado LT Duramax

BDS/BMF/Toyo/Pioneer/Alpine

2011 Chevy Tahoe LS

#32 The Boss Man

The Boss Man

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:07 PM

nice after the fact edit in post 26 by the way l ol

truck is only 3 months old, haven't needed to tow with it yet. however my parents have a farm so when something needs to be moved i'm the one that does it, as i have with my last 2 trucks.

sooooooooooooo, whats the deal with the camaro?? still waiting to hear.

Wait, your parents have a farm and they have to depend on you to move stuff for them? Don't they have their own farm equipment to adequately do their job?

And why are you so defensive? No need to attack me sir.

#33 jimmyboy8301

jimmyboy8301

Enthusiast

• 781 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:07 PM

i guess you guys wasted money on a v6 camaro because you can, and i guess thats why one would lift a truck that doesn't go off road, because you can

my parents have a 1/2 ton pickup, if they need something moved that it can't handle then my truck is the one. i'm not defensive in the least. if you consider this an attack thats just sad

Edited by jimmyboy8301, 17 February 2012 - 06:10 PM.

James

Posted Image

2011 Chevy Tahoe LS

#34 The Boss Man

The Boss Man

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

so you guys wasted money on a camaro, cool :thumbs:

How so? It serves it's purpose for her and she likes it. How is that wasted money? Would a Camry for the same money somehow been less of a waste of money? I do not understand your point?

She can utilize the car for it's intended purpose, even in daily driving, at least to some extent. How can a lift serve any purpose on pavement (again, just a question).

Edited by The Boss Man, 17 February 2012 - 06:14 PM.

#35 jimmyboy8301

jimmyboy8301

Enthusiast

• 781 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:16 PM

the camry would not have been a waste there is nothing performance about it. a camaro is a "muscle car" and with a v6 it IS in fact a waste. it's meant for speed and performance. it's meant to have big power and throw you back in the seat when you hit the go pedal, NOT have a puny V6. by your method of thinking every modification and vehicle has to have the purpose. so with that a "muscle car" with no muscle is a waste.

James

Posted Image

2011 Chevy Tahoe LS

#36 The Boss Man

The Boss Man

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:18 PM

the camry would not have been a waste there is nothing performance about it. a camaro is a "muscle car" and with a v6 it IS in fact a waste. it's meant for speed and performance. it's meant to have big power and throw you back in the seat when you hit the go pedal, NOT have a puny V6. by your method of thinking every modification and vehicle has to have the purpose. so with that a "muscle car" with no muscle is a waste.

While I myself would never buy a V6 Camaro...your logic is ludicrous James. A V6 Camaro is a chick car, and guess what? My wife is a chick. It looks good, has decent power and she likes it. How is that a waste of money? I could see your point if it was not her DD, but it is. It was no more expensive than a Camry.

Oh, and just an FYI, a V6 Camry would likely beat her Camaro. LOL

Edited by The Boss Man, 17 February 2012 - 06:19 PM.

#37 jimmyboy8301

jimmyboy8301

Enthusiast

• 781 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:23 PM

where i live we tend to get deep snow in winters. a lifted truck is a big help if you need to get around on unplowed roads or any roads.

a chick car is usually a under equipped "sports car" IE, a waste. you have your opinion, and i have mine.

James

Posted Image

2011 Chevy Tahoe LS

#38 The Boss Man

The Boss Man

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:31 PM

where i live we tend to get deep snow in winters. a lifted truck is a big help if you need to get around on unplowed roads or any roads.

a chick car is usually a under equipped "sports car" IE, a waste. you have your opinion, and i have mine.

In a sense, I agree...but it's not a waste when it serves the exact same purpose and costs the same.

Paying more for functionality that never gets used is a waste.

#39 jimmyboy8301

jimmyboy8301

Enthusiast

• 781 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:34 PM

In a sense, I agree...but it's not a waste when it serves the exact same purpose and costs the same.

if you had it, you would use it.

James

Posted Image

2011 Chevy Tahoe LS

#40 The Boss Man

The Boss Man

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:38 PM

Huh?

I was referring to the functionality of a lift that never gets used being a waste.

Street queen lifted trucks that never leave the pavement are a waste of money.

We can just agree to disagree. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Cheers!

Edited by The Boss Man, 17 February 2012 - 06:43 PM.

#41 C-Dub

C-Dub

Enthusiast

• 154 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Drives:2010 Sierra 1500

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

Boss Man, what do you drive? I'm just curious since you're so critical about other's rides... Although I'm sure that Tornado intake you bought is pretty functional though, right? 40 mpg increase in town?
Posted Image
CST l Icon Vehicle Dynamics l Ultra l Nitto

#42 The Boss Man

The Boss Man

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:38 PM

Boss Man, what do you drive? I'm just curious since you're so critical about other's rides... Although I'm sure that Tornado intake you bought is pretty functional though, right? 40 mpg increase in town?

I have posted it.

It will do everything your truck will do...only better. ;)

#43 jimmyboy8301

jimmyboy8301

Enthusiast

• 781 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:03 PM

Street queen lifted trucks that never leave the pavement are a waste of money.

Cheers!

as are muscle cars with no muscle

James

Posted Image

2011 Chevy Tahoe LS

#44 RyanbabZ71

RyanbabZ71

Administrator

• Senior Moderator
  • 18,280 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Drives:2010 Chevy Silverado Crewcab Z71 6.2L

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:04 PM

CHILDREN! This is a truck of the month voting thread not an internet arguing cafe. As much as I love all the attention in this area as we havent seen alot of traffic here over the last few months it is getting WAY out of hand.

You all have been warned, lets move on

Ryan

2010 Silverado Crewcab 4wd Z71 6.2L V-8 (L9H) Flex Fuel 6 Speed Transmission Sheer Silver Metallic
2012 Camaro 2SS Convertible 6.2L V-8 (L99) Ashen Gray Metallic
My Garage: http://www.gm-trucks...gallery&user=56
Camaro Mods http://www.camaro5.c...ad.php?t=257256

med_gallery_56_1830_72290.jpg

#45 Stevens11

Stevens11

Senior Enthusiast

• 8,153 posts
  • Drives:2011 GMC Sierra Crewcab 6.2L

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:13 PM

CHILDREN! This is a truck of the month voting thread not an internet arguing cafe. As much as I love all the attention in this area as we havent seen alot of traffic here over the last few months it is getting WAY out of hand.

You all have been warned, lets move on

I say disqualify them and take both trucks out of the running....... :crackup:

Posted Image

Storm Gray TRUCK CLUB: Member #1
2011 GMC Sierra SLT Crewcab 6.2L with NHT and 3.73 gears

Visit My Website

Current truck:
Denali Grill, 2" RC Leveling kit, Boss MT100 20x8.5 wheels w/ 305/50r20 Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus tires, Blackbear tuned, Extang Full Tilt Bed cover, GMC Bedrug, 15% Tint, and Custom Dynamics light bar.

Previous trucks:
2007 Sierra 6.0 Vmax crewcab 4x4, 275/55r20's Cooper Zeon LTZ tires, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Denali Grill, Bedrug, Extang Full Tilt Tonneau Cover, Blackbear performance Custom tune
2003 Silverado 5.3L extended cab 4x4, 6" Skyjacker lift, 315/75r16 BFG tires, Goodmark Cowl hood, Billet grill, K&N 77-Series intake, Magnaflow exhaust, Wait4me PCM tune
2001 S10 Crewcab 4.3L 4x4; 3" body lift, 31" BFG K/O tires, Flowmaster 50-series exhaust, K&N 63-series intake, relocated IAT sensor, E-fans, TB Spacer, Jet stage 2 chip with B&M shift improver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users