Get actual mufflers with out turndowns.true dual 2 1/2 Cherry bomb extremes without turndowns just straight out the muffler on my vortec 350 makes my floor rumble in my house which is 20yards from my house.dont waste money on bullets or glasspacks.they have no tone just straight loud.

How do you figure its a straight pipe with alittle bit of fiberglass in it.The bullets have no tone at all,trust me bud i know.I guy from around my area had a vortec 350 with bullets no cats true duals,crackled and popped all day but was just loud with no rumble at all he learned when he got a eviction notice on his door.I would like to hear your truck at idle.I actually did a dB test on my LT1 i had a 12inch glasspacks true duals and read 87 dB's at idle,then switched to thrush welded mufflers the dB went up to 93 at idle because they are straight thru with no chambers,chambers give the sound.If i was you look into single chambers or classic chambered muffler your more then likely lossing low end torque too.

• 4 months later...

Flowmaster makes a regular 40 series muffler, that is true 3" ID all the way through the muffler, this is a straight through NOT offset muffler and roars, roars,. when you look at performance mufflers on autozone or O rielys websites for example and punch in a 2001 or 2003 silverado they call for a super 40 series thats an offset muffler, thats why it dont sound loud.

Most of your local ExhaustPros muffler shops sell the plain 40 series muffler it rocks. I have one welded in my 01 silverado stock exhaust setup. it roars when you punch it and has an awesome low tone when just kicking it. A dual setup would really sound mean, i went back to a 3" single exhaust with the 40 straight through because my duals would get tore off now and then up in the woods, i live in a steep rocky area.

Archived