p2135 Reduced Engine Power, Service Stabilitrak, Traction Control Off

I have a 2010 Silverado that just started doing this. I`ll be driving down the highway at 65mph the stabilitrack light goes on followed by traction control off, service stabilitrak, reduced engine power. The truck goes into limp mode and the check engine light stays on. Shut the truck off for 30 seconds and it restarts fine with only the check engine light on. I pull the code p2135- throttle position sensor voltage corelation. I did some goggle searches(pretty common problem) and everything seems to point to a bad TPS in the throttle body. I know you can`t just change the TPS, you have to change the whole throttle body. The throttle body costs about $175, just wondering if anyone changed their own and if it helped? I also read it can be a bad negative battery cable. I have 38k so its out of warranty

Hi;

I had this happen recently on my 2009. First, I cleaned the battery terminals and erased code and the problem went away for about a month. I took it to the dealer when it started happening again and they changed the throttle body under the powertrain warranty. You will have to check and see if yours is covered. The service manager told me that the 2009 wheel bearings are covered under the powertain warranty but not on 2010's and up. Go figure.

Archived