2010 Suburban having trouble pairing the bluetooth. When I press and hold the "phone" button I never hear the "ready" or the "beep". After a while the voice will say something to like "bluetooth did not hear anything" ??? Does anyone know where to start?

Wow - nice start! Yes read manual, it states "System should resond with "ready" followed by a tone..." mine does not.

Are you saying you never receive a "ready" response when you first hit the PTT button?

You need to hold the talk button down for two seconds,or you will only mute the radio.

You will also need to have your wireless phones "bluetooth" setting to be "on".

The talk button in the stearing wheel is help for a least 2 seconds yet the "ready" never comes. The iphone bluetooth is on (it pairs with my wifes ford). Could it possible be a fuse?

Just a wild shot here, but what color is the LED on the right bottom side of your inside mirror when keyed "on" or "acc"? Green? Solid or not? Red? Not on at all? There is a TSB out on Gen 9 Onstar/VCIMs covering various stages of failure and symptoms.

press the phone button on your mirror (for OnStar), does it seem to function properly? if not then there is a problem with the OnStar module, which is where the bluetooth is located.

Onstar light is on and solid green. Onstar phone seems to function fine.

How long does the battery need to be disconnected to effectively "reboot" the system?

If you go that route, which you shouldn't have to, make sure the key is off and removed, and that RAP is not active at the time, or the backup battery (BUB) in the VCIM will be activated. Once this happens, it will remain activated until fully drained. The BUB in the VCIM is not replaceable (according to Helm); the VCIM will have to be replaced as an assembly.

Thanks for the help. It is truly appreciated. I will let you know what the dealer comes up with.

OK, the truck went into the Chevrolet Dealership yesterday with the Voice Activation issue and a non-functioning USB port in the center console.

They told me the reason they don’t work is that the navigation DVD is not a GM original.

The disk is hand labeled and was in the unit when the truck was purchased (used).

They told me to order a new DVD disk online from GM to fix the problem.

Does this make sense to anyone?

I don't mind spending a couple of hundred bucks if it fixes the problem but it does seem a little unrelated.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

ADSENSE FOOTER
  • Similar Content

• By hd.brown77
      2016 Silverado, Samsung Galaxy S7 Android 7.0
      Phone connects to truck via bluetooth every time with no issues.
      When receiving a call, it will always ring thru the truck and display on the cluster & myLink screen but SOMETIMES after answering the call volume will be out of the phone speaker only. During this time, the call will still show active on both displays and the radio volume will be silent.
      Look at the phone, it shows connected to bluetooth and no matter what I do on the truck or phone I cannot get the volume back to the truck.
      The hangup button on the steering wheel will still end the call.
      Once the call is ended, the radio volume comes back.
      Same issue when making a call, again, the issue is intermittent.
      Doesn't matter if I make the call from the phone or using the voice commands, audio has reverted back to the phone on occasion both ways of making a call.

I always answer/end calls with the buttons on the steering wheel, the phone always connects to the truck, and the call audio problem is intermittent with no obvious cause.

Anyone experience this and have a fix?
    • By frankstallone
      I have a 2016 GMC Sierra capable of Android Auto and Apple CarPlay and have been playing with CarPlay now for a little while. Yesterday I borrowed a friends used Android to test Android Auto. I'd be interested in your opinions and I will share my experience.

I have had iPhones for years now. I am deep in the eco-system as my home and work computers are also OSX. Switching is a daunting thought considering my iCloud Contacts are well curated and my Google Contacts are like the wild wild west. I digress.

Generally I have some gripes. CarPlay and Android both require USB and Bluetooth connection to the head unit which is confusing, is USB not enough? I doesn't seem like I could, for instance, connect a secondary Android device for Android Auto that is connected to WiFi via my phone or the car's 4G connect, and have my iPhone connected to the Bluetooth for Siri or even just for phone calls. I would be completely fine with sacrificing the Siri integration from the iPhone if I could get bluetooth audio for phone calls. Maybe I am not doing it right, if you have figured that out let me know. The touch screen is great for a truck head unit. I don't expect anything near what one would get on a new smartphone and I have heard the processor on this newer head unit is faster than the older models which is much appreciated when navigating interfaces. Also, the audio quality for phone calls is superb. Coming from a few year older GTI, people that don't even know I've upgraded don't ever notice I am on the road talking to them anymore. Spot on.

After playing with CarPlay I can say that Apple Maps is much nicer to look at than the standard navigation. Apple hasn't convinced me that it's Maps application is ready for the prime time though. IMHO after reading countless articles and having iPhones back when Google Maps was default -- they never should have gotten into the Maps game. That is arguable, and should, theoretically, get better as they are in development of a car. Phone integration with Siri is fantastic as well. Spotify on CarPlay is a delight to look at. Again miles away from the Media interface on the IntelliLink.

Android auto -- wow. Whereas it's obvious Apple too the iOS idea with big icons -- and it works on the head unit -- it looks like Google went from the ground up. They took their material design philosophy and applied it to the head unit interface. I have to say it is impressive. Overall the user interface is gorgeous to look at. Navigating around to the different areas, Music, Navigation is a breeze. Ok Google mic is always in the top right corner. Icons are clear. Minimal buttons when not needed. Intuitive controls. If it sounds like I am not giving Apple credit here, they have a system and it works. It's worked for years on my phone so I get that. This is my first intro into the new design of Google's apps and I have to say I am staggered. Google maps on the IntelliLink is a marvel. Incredibly smooth. Design refined over years of Google Maps owning (IMHO) the directions arena.

My conundrum is with the whole USB/Bluetooth situation. Android Auto for certain does not work unless you have it connected via USB & bluetooth. Therefore it's not like I can keep an older Android without a cellular plan in the glove box just for Android Auto and still have any integration with the iPhone 6S. That is a huge bummer. I would have no issue buying even a used Android with a cracked screen since I don't need the screen. I'm in a touch position here because of how nested I am in the Apple world and how attractive having Google Maps on that 8" screen. I don't think there is anything else better to look at on that screen.

What is your experience? Have I missed anything?
    • By Dan Swinford
      I just purchased a 2015 Silverado LTZ Z71 (my first pickup) and I have what I hope is a few simple questions about the radio. 1. How can I stop the radio from turning on when the truck is started?
      2. When my iPhone auto connects to Bluetooth it automatically starts playing music. Any way to stop that? Sorry for the simple questions. I’m sure I’ll have more important ones down the road (literally) lol. Thanks  
    • By mithardy75
      This is a Bluetooth obd2 scanner that I am trying out. It allows for real-time monitoring of my sensors.
    • By OzAVY
      Hello everyone.

We've got a 2007 Chevy Avalanche I had converted to RHD and I'm in the process of adding Bluetooth to the factory radio by installing a new Motorola IHF1000 I found on Kijiji.ca, and a PAC Audio BLU-GM29 from Amazon.

Unfortunately the BLU-GM29 did not com with the connection harness for the Motorola, but only those for EGOTalk and Parrot Bluetooth kits.
      But PAC Audio used to pack all three harness in the box.

If anyone has had experience with what I'm trying to do, I'd appreciate any information on the wiring diagram of the Motorola cable, tagged "MOTO2SPLIT".

If I cannot get the cable then I'm happy to hard wire the relevant connections. I can use the Motorola controller provided, but the SWC will not work then.

This web address will show you a picture of the cable by Sonic, who used to sell the BLU-GM29. I cannot tell how the wires wrapped in tape are fitted in that plug.

"http://www.sonicelectronix.com/pictures_new.php?id=22357&picture_id=602931"

Thanks in anticipation!