Changing headlight on my Sierra

So apparently they have made it harder to change the bulbs on the newer trucks. I don't suppose anybody read their owners manuals to see how to do it? I know it looked like a nightmare to change my old ones til I read my manual and found out how easy it was! :lol:
So I guess nobody is gonna answer me or they are too embarassed to say they didn't look? :dunno:

Yes I read the manual and the part about removing the air cleaner cover. I got them changed but it is still the worst design I have seen in 40 years of vehicle ownership.

So apparently they have made it harder to change the bulbs on the newer trucks. I don't suppose anybody read their owners manuals to see how to do it? I know it looked like a nightmare to change my old ones til I read my manual and found out how easy it was! :lol:
So I guess nobody is gonna answer me or they are too embarassed to say they didn't look? :dunno:

Yes I read the manual and the part about removing the air cleaner cover. I got them changed but it is still the worst design I have seen in 40 years of vehicle ownership.

Thanks for answering. Was trying to find out what GM did to screw up the easy fix on my old model. Good thing I can't afford a new truck! :lol:

you sir, are in fact... incorrect.

I have an Infinity G35 that has FACTORY HIDs in non projector housings.

Now there is 2 different styles of reflector housings...but that is a whole different discussion...your statement here is in fact false.

This is a incorrect statement. HIDs do require projector housings for proper light distribution and the safety of oncoming drivers.

HIDs are fine as long as they are properly aimed. HIDs don't have to be in projectors to properly send light down the roadway....

Arguing is useless when you dont have facts to back up the statement. Your car has a housing that was DESIGNED for HID, slapping a pnp hid kit in a REGULAR halogen housing does not disperse the light properly or effectively. Case in point : Car has the proper projectors with hid bulbs and ballast. Bronco in front has a pnp kit. So yes, I am correct with my statment. If you want pictures of other improper setups, feel free to browse : http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?37924-the-hid-fail-gallery

you sir, are in fact... incorrect.

I have an Infinity G35 that has FACTORY HIDs in non projector housings.

Now there is 2 different styles of reflector housings...but that is a whole different discussion...your statement here is in fact false.

This is a incorrect statement. HIDs do require projector housings for proper light distribution and the safety of oncoming drivers.

HIDs are fine as long as they are properly aimed. HIDs don't have to be in projectors to properly send light down the roadway....

post-105299-0-70302900-1331340074_thumb.jpg

all I said was you don't have to have PROJECTORS to properly use HID.

your statement was "hids require PROJECTOR housings for proper light distribution" - which is in fact, false

now I did acknowledge the fact that two different types of reflector housings exist...ones for halogen lights, and ones for HID...see previous post...You can even have what look like projectors that are actually reflector housings meant for halogen, like what came from the factory on my 2004 Audi A4. I added an aftermarket HID setup to that car, but did anybody make a stink about it? Nope, because they thought it was a factory HID kit...even though it was just as bad as any other car with aftermarket HID in a reflector housing.

I was simply stating that you were incorrect in saying projectors were required for any HID setup.

end/

Arguing is useless when you dont have facts to back up the statement. Your car has a housing that was DESIGNED for HID, slapping a pnp hid kit in a REGULAR halogen housing does not disperse the light properly or effectively. Case in point : Car has the proper projectors with hid bulbs and ballast. Bronco in front has a pnp kit. So yes, I am correct with my statment. If you want pictures of other improper setups, feel free to browse : http://www.hidplanet...id-fail-gallery

Archived