diablo sport trinity vs autocal blackbear performance?

Hey I wasn't trying to start anything. Diablo has been saying TCM support coming soon for years. Funny that there was never a post by the Diablo seller on here saying it was finally available (or maybe I didn't see it which is possible). The forum on their website looked like some were having trouble with the TCM options. Again, to be expected since they are just now offering it. In either case, I'd prefer a handheld, but I'd like it tuned for my truck. There can be minimal differences with any mass produced vehicle, so a "box tune" is probably very good but I'd rather have an in person tune or a tune tailored to my specific truck like Black Bear. I believe Diablo offers that too, so who knows. So again, to the OP, read up and let us know what you do and how you like it.

yes, I did make a post about tcm/tranny support being available... back in November 2011 and December 2011...

but here it is again...

YES!! TCM/Tranny support for the T42 4-speed trannys and the T43 6-speed tranny's is available via the Diablosport Trinity!!!

diablosport trinity offers many more features, ability to restore original backup stock tune at any time (such as for dealer visits), leaves no footprints/watermarks, has a performance monitor, better data logging, SD card support, support for external sensors such as a wideband O2 sensor, and full custom tuning support from a diablosport CMR custom tuner (like me)...

plus, seeing as how I also sell the Trinity, I offer a package deal for the Trinity plus my custom tuning (at a reduced cost) so you save money!

im going with the autocal and blackbear they seem more confident in what they can do for my truck. also i have the allison 5 speed and havent heard they program this trans i am new to this so i am probly wrong. thanks for all the input and will update when i ahve had the tune done trying to order this week.

• 3 months later...

im going with the autocal and blackbear they seem more confident in what they can do for my truck. also i have the allison 5 speed and havent heard they program this trans i am new to this so i am probly wrong. thanks for all the input and will update when i ahve had the tune done trying to order this week.

the allison trannies have their own controller that's usually inside the transmission, and can't usually be tuned via email tunes... I think they CAN do tune changes to it - but you would need to go there in person I believe in order for them to be able to do anything with the allison tranny...

• 1 month later...

To finalize this, how many people do you ever hear say " Im so glad I went with an off-the-shelf programmer, its so much better than a custom tune I had on my last truck!"

EFI live is still better but I'm sure in 3 years the off the shelf guys might have an update for today's technology.

To finalize this, how many people do you ever hear say " Im so glad I went with an off-the-shelf programmer, its so much better than a custom tune I had on my last truck!"

EFI live is still better but I'm sure in 3 years the off the shelf guys might have an update for today's technology.

Again, apples to oranges. You CAN NOT compare a custom tune to a handheld programmer. The technology comment doesn't work either, there are several "off the shelf" that you can get for the newer vehicles..........Not sure what your chest thumping is about but every time people try to explain differences here, someone has to chest thump about a custom tune compared to a preset tune. EVERYONE knows best perfromance can only be done with a custom tune...Not everyone needs or wants a custom tune...............FYI, EFIlive is NOT the only software that can be used to tune a vehicle.

Again, apples to oranges. You CAN NOT compare a custom tune to a handheld programmer. The technology comment doesn't work either, there are several "off the shelf" that you can get for the newer vehicles..........Not sure what your chest thumping is about but every time people try to explain differences here, someone has to chest thump about a custom tune compared to a preset tune. EVERYONE knows best perfromance can only be done with a custom tune...Not everyone needs or wants a custom tune...............FYI, EFIlive is NOT the only software that can be used to tune a vehicle.

If i am wrong let me know but i believe the the trinity could be used to custom tune your engine but wasnt sure if they had the programing for the trans. So the autocal and the trinity are similar. And it wouldnt matter if the computer was in the trans or not the tunes are loaded via the obd which monitors the trans for problems.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes you are wrong.....Yes there is TCM support on both inTune & Trinity. The DS products come with cookie cutter tunes for both engine & transmission. Custom tuning is seperate and will cost more money. $500 for Trinity and them around $135 for custom tuning depending on who does it.

I don't know how BBP does it exactly, never dealt with them. Only know what I read on the forum about those guys.

Sent from my iPhone4S

using Tapatalk

so i cant get a custon tune through tthe diablo trinity cost isnt the issue the question can it be done. can the engine and trans be tuned through e-mail tunes? i can buy just an autocal and anybody that has the right software can program it its not exclusive to bbp. the trinity is specific to ds. it dosent matter to me i have the autocal and i love it i wouldnt go back.

Archived