'07 Vortec Max Tune Up

I have a Sierra 1500 4X4 with the Vortec Max and it's pushing right up against 100K miles. I've noticed over the last few months that my gas mileage has been decreasing and I figure it's time for a tune-up.

The only real improvement I would like to see with a tune up would be a few more mpg's. I have a friend that owns a reputable repair shop and he highly recommends the BG Induction Service, so once I change the plugs and wires I'll have that done and he also said that he'd check to make sure the computer is adjusted correctly.

I would be replacing my spark plugs and wires myself with ACDelco replacements and this is where my question lies. Is there a reason to go with the Iridium spark plugs, or should I stick with the Platinums? I've heard that the Iridiums won't last as long as the Platinums once replaced, which I understand are OEM.

Also, is there anything else other than plugs, wires and air filter that I need to look at replacing?

Thanks,

Mike

Hmmmm, I went out to the ACDelco website and searched for replacement plugs for my truck and the only ones they came up with on their recommended list was the Iridiums. Does anybody know if the iridium plugs come came on those trucks as stock?

Iridium is OEM. That's what your truck left the factory with. They will outlast Platinum.

Other services your truck may need if not already taken car of:

Diff(s) fluid change

Trans filter and fluid

Transfer case fluid change

Brake fluid flush

Coolant flush

Belts, hoses & T-stat

I have a Sierra 1500 4X4 with the Vortec Max and it's pushing right up against 100K miles. I've noticed over the last few months that my gas mileage has been decreasing and I figure it's time for a tune-up.

The only real improvement I would like to see with a tune up would be a few more mpg's. I have a friend that owns a reputable repair shop and he highly recommends the BG Induction Service, so once I change the plugs and wires I'll have that done and he also said that he'd check to make sure the computer is adjusted correctly.

I would be replacing my spark plugs and wires myself with ACDelco replacements and this is where my question lies. Is there a reason to go with the Iridium spark plugs, or should I stick with the Platinums? I've heard that the Iridiums won't last as long as the Platinums once replaced, which I understand are OEM.

Also, is there anything else other than plugs, wires and air filter that I need to look at replacing?

Thanks,

Mike

Does that make sense, "making sure the computer is adjusted correctly". I don't think that sounds right, but I'm no expert, what can he be talking about?

Normally that is to update the computer software with any changes that the factory has done. Alot of times computers are updated when they get sent to the dealership for service etc..

Archived