what does this mean? terms for trailers

Axle Weight : 2738 lbs

Hitch Weight : 294 lbs

Unloaded vehicle weight ( UVW) : 3032 lbs

Max. cargo capacity : 2852 lbs

Gross vehicle weight restriction ( GVWR) : 5894 lbs

I am for certain this would be to much for my little truck . Truck 3900 pounds for trailer weight .

and I would have to add to the trailer about 60 gallons of water/grey so that is about 480 pounds just in water.

So we are at so far 3512 ....... might work propane is about 40 pounds i guess and junk like food and dishes would be about 100 pounds i guess . So 3652 pounds .

The specs say it can do it my truck at this weight if i guessed/calculated right just seems to me tho that this is a big trailer for my truck . http://boatlandrv.ca/rv_details.php?rvmodid=57

I am just looking at trailers and getting a idea on what my little truck can do in the future . So what you guys think did I estimate right or am I just dead wrong. I cant afford a trailer or anything at the moment I just want a idea on my truck abilities.

The most important figure is: Gross vehicle weight restriction ( GVWR) : 5894 lbs. Your manual will specify how much your 4.3L can pull. The truck itself is hefty enough, but your drivetrain may have problems.

That camper would be at ~4000 to 4500 lbs w/ a "typical" load of stuff, but my "data" comes from years of dealing w/ my wife's "packing methods" and a growing family :)

The most important figure is: Gross vehicle weight restriction ( GVWR) : 5894 lbs. Your manual will specify how much your 4.3L can pull. The truck itself is hefty enough, but your drivetrain may have problems.

GVWR is 6100 .

That camper would be at ~4000 to 4500 lbs w/ a "typical" load of stuff, but my "data" comes from years of dealing w/ my wife's "packing methods" and a growing family :)

can you please name your typical load of stuff ? That would be helpful to get a idea how much extra a trailer would weigh. I am not planing on buying a trailer anytime soon I was just trying to look at the biggest trailer my little truck could pull and then get a ball park range on it.

can you please name your typical load of stuff ? That would be helpful to get a idea how much extra a trailer would weigh. I am not planing on buying a trailer anytime soon I was just trying to look at the biggest trailer my little truck could pull and then get a ball park range on it.

A few tools, enough food and clothes for ~ a week for 5 people, camping chairs, portable grill, lantern(s), propane, 1/3 tank of fresh, a few gal of grey & black water, standard household stuff (broom, cleaners, etc.). Basically, take a sampling of your house and put it into the camper until all cabinets/frig are "close to full". My wife can fit more into a drawer than I ever consider trying...

Archived