Shout-Out To My Local Southern California Shops

I figured it was about time to give out a formal thank you to everyone who has helped me to make my truck into what it is today! If anyone is located in Southern California, I reccommend these shops 100%!

Bohan's Automotive (Canyon Country, CA) - Performed their FIRST non-OEM motor swap on my truck. Going from a 4.8 to a 6.0 definitely seemed a bit off the edge at the time. But we collaborated our research together and these guys pulled it off without a hitch! Just passed CA smog a few weeks ago too!

Benson's Transmissions (Bloomington, CA) - These guys custom built me a performance 4l60e transmission in 2 days! I dropped it off at 7PM and picked it up at 3PM two days later. They put everything into it to handle that new 6.0L, from the Beast Sunshell, to the Trans-Go HD2 kit, to modified clutch packs, etc. I got the tranny back with a fresh paint job and everything!

Continental Torque Converters (Inglewood, CA) - Chris over at Continental built me a hi-performance torque converter with a 1850 stall to match my new trans. Great guy, with an amazing attitude. I got in touch with him very last minute and he made it happen! No complaints!

Reeve's Rear End (Canyon Country, CA) - Dave Reeves over at Reeve's Rear End re-built my rear-end with hardened gears and brand new Eaton Posi internals for a great price, and with amazing turn-around time! After one minor technicality, Dave took my truck back and re-did the job to make it 100% in a single day. A great shop with an honest attitude and good old-fashioned service, I couldn't ask for better.

Blackbear Performance (Location Unknown) - Justin at Blackbear Performance compiled a custom tune to match my 6.0L to my stock tranny. After I bought my performace trans, I purchased his "Auto-Cal" unit and he gave me three tunes built for my specific truck. He even has you log the computers data and send it to him, so he can make the tune that much better! I can feel the difference between the tunes, and the motor swap would not have been possible without him!

Competition Transmissions (Canyon Country, CA) - I did not actually have any physical work done from these guys (although I know many people who swear by them), but they provided me with more knowledge and opinion about the 4l60e transmission than I could've ever asked for! They made it possible for me to make the decisions I did when purcahsing a trans. Hopefully soon they will be installing a trans cooler for the upcoming 100 degree plus summer!

Well, sorry to rant and rave, but I feel all these guys deserve some recognition. My truck would be sitting up on blocks in my backyard if not for these guys! I know we live in an untrusting world, but it's nice to know there are still some real, honest businesses out there!

On a side note, please know that by writing this I am NOT saying that these are the only good shops out there. I am simply expressing my thoughts based on my personal experience. Hope I could provide some information and help some of you to find some good shops!!!

Archived