Fishing equipment - What's your favorite?

So now that it is springs, that means fishing season is upon us. There was a thread back in the fall/winter about hunting and posting up pictures of any game you took. So how about posting up pictures of any nice fish you've caught this year so far?

Also, what are your preferred rods, reels and lures? Do you have a "go-to" bait that you always seem to catch fish on?

I currently use all Shimano rods and reels. Never was a big fan of the Quantum stuff but like Abu Garcia. I would say my go-to bait would be either a grape Jelly Worm/tequila sunrise Power Worm or a Lunker Lure Buzzbait in white. Those are the two lures that never seem to let me down. I also like Strike King spinnerbaits as well. Favorite crankbaits would have to be Bandit's or Strike King crank in sexy shad.

For great ultralight fun nothing beats a Bumble Bug.

So what are your favorite lures?

I use nothing but pflueger reels and G-Loomis rods. I used fenwick line. Mostly fish for walleye around here, some speckle trout and some lake trout fishing. Some smallmouth bass fishing as well.

Walleye- trolling with a jig and a minnow. Always works, never fails.

Specks- little spinners...hammered gold blades usually. Mepps spinners too.

Lake trout-I love trolling with a deep diving crank bait or Johnson's silver minnow tipped with a leech.

Bass- too many to list LOL...I'd say for topwater a jitterbug. For shallow diving I love shad assassin, deeper water I love tube jig..

I fish for too many species to have a favorite lmao. Plus, the conditions dictate what I use anyways

Same here! Though my favorite fishing is done for Walleye, Musky, and Trout. I consistently use Shimano reels and St. Croix rods. Though I do have 4 rods that I assembled myself. I'm not too picky on baits. Rapala crank baits, daredevil spoons, various jigs, and Senko baits make up the majority of my tackle boxes.

Can't wait to get on the water again!!!

I got two Ugly Sticks that gotta be 25 years old with Shimano reels that I go down to the Allegheny river with. Corn, night crawlers or dough ball. That's it. I'm just a river rat! Oh and a 30 pac of Natty Lite for me and the boys, sometimes the only thing we catch is a buzz.

I like my Ugly Stik Lites for bass and other pond/lake fish, I had a light Okuma that was great, but all that's left of that combo is the reel, a battery in my bed finished the rod. :nonod: My reels vary, I have a couple Shimanos, a Pinnacle, and the Okuma. My weapon of choice for around here is a black Zoom worm. Their rubber seems to have the right texture to give good action, and holds up to bass pounding it well. I also like the Rebel Big Hopper, when there's surface action. Scum Frogs, Heddon's, and spinners have their place as well.

For catfish, I have a variety of stuff, but my favorite setup is my Salt Striker reel (Cabelas, 10BB) on my Ugly Stik Catfish rod. The reel is really smooth, especially for one that big. Another favorite is an 8 foot sapling, driven into the bank, with 300lb line and a brim or goldfish on a 10 ought hook. Never fails. :lol: A $2 setup that will catch more fish than just about any rod.

I prefer Shimano rod / reel combos.

I fish for bass, crappie, bluegill, catfish, and trout.

What bait I use depends on location and conditions. But my favorites are pumpkin colored plastics, small spinner baits, live minnows, and crickhopper crankbaits.

Mostly fish from my 12ft jon boat, but on shore some.

Archived