Did any of these trucks come with a factory trailer plug?

With out the controller u will still have turn, run, brake reverse and 12v if u hook it up, u will not have trailer brakes with out a controller. Not all trailers have brakes

With out the controller u will still have turn, run, brake reverse and 12v if u hook it up, u will not have trailer brakes with out a controller. Not all trailers have brakes

TimmyG is correct. Sorry to confuse with my last post.

Ohh damn this is not good, I did not realize that. The trailer I will be towing does have brakes on it.

2 friends of mine friend have trucks with a 4 wire and 7 post round hookup (dodge) and no brake controller and it definitely actuates the trailer brakes. Thats why it didn't make sense to me.

Ohh damn this is not good, I did not realize that. The trailer I will be towing does have brakes on it.

2 friends of mine friend have trucks with a 4 wire and 7 post round hookup (dodge) and no brake controller and it definitely actuates the trailer brakes. Thats why it didn't make sense to me.

There is no way to actuate electric trailer brakes without some sort of controller. A lot of newer trucks, GM's included, can be equipped with a factory installed trailer brake controller that does not mount to the outside of the dash therefore the truck may look like it doesn't have a controller on it when it acutally does.

The 4 wire connector does not have a trailer brake wire desgination as all four of those wires are used for lighting, and ground, only.

There is no way to actuate electric trailer brakes without some sort of controller. A lot of newer trucks, GM's included, can be equipped with a factory installed trailer brake controller that does not mount to the outside of the dash therefore the truck may look like it doesn't have a controller on it when it acutally does.

The 4 wire connector does not have a trailer brake wire desgination as all four of those wires are used for lighting, and ground, only.

Ok cool, learning new things daily!

Dont mix up trailer brakes (for stoping the trailer) with trailer run or stop lights. What kind of trailer is it? Trailer brakes are normally on very large and/or heavy trailer. Something like a landscape trailer normally wont have trailer brakes

Dont mix up trailer brakes (for stoping the trailer) with trailer run or stop lights. What kind of trailer is it? Trailer brakes are normally on very large and/or heavy trailer. Something like a landscape trailer normally wont have trailer brakes

Its a flat bed car trailer. Its my friends, but I know it does have electric brakes on it. Often I rent UHAULs as well but they are 4 wire hookup which I guess has only an inertia brake.

Archived