Half A Billion $$$$$$!!!

Portdriver

Holy smokes! The MegaMillions is up to dang near $500,000,000! What would you do if..........

I have a special needs grandson. All his special needs, which are many and expensive, would be meet long after I'm dead and gone. Maybe I could even donate enough of it to make a difference in all children with this disorder through research.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive had my tickets the past 4 drawings.... I'll be buying more for fri. that jackpot is only going to grow.. so many people getting in on this now.

I would certainly help out a ton of people, family / friends... And make stress the thing of the past!

Ive had my tickets the past 4 drawings.... I'll be buying more for fri. that jackpot is only going to grow.. so many people getting in on this now.

I would certainly help out a ton of people, family / friends... And make stress the thing of the past!

No kidding if I could participate in that i would!! That's crazy!! They dont get that big in Canada, I wish I could win any amount of money. Does lottery winnings get taxed in US???

No kidding if I could participate in that i would!! That's crazy!! They dont get that big in Canada, I wish I could win any amount of money. Does lottery winnings get taxed in US???

Taxed at the top federal rate...33% is what I was told, not sure if that's it or not. State income tax would kick in too. Another 5% here in IL unfortunately.

Fun Fact....

Odds of winning are 1 in 175,000,000. For $175 million you could buy a ticket for every number combination possible and guarantee yourself the $500 million dollar jackpot. We need to get a big pool going so we can do this :lol:

You guys know that a lottery is just a tax on the numerically illiterate don't ya? The big question should be where is all the rest of the money going?

don't the majority of the people who take the lump sum burn through it very quickly? i'd rather take the monthly payments for 30 years!

2/3 of all lump sum, big money, lotto winners end up in bankruptcy in 2-3 years of winning. Scary fact.

don't the majority of the people who take the lump sum burn through it very quickly? i'd rather take the monthly payments for 30 years!

2/3 of all lump sum, big money, lotto winners end up in bankruptcy in 2-3 years of winning. Scary fact.

would be a fun 2-3 years lol . Thats why just buy your dream truck and put the rest in the bank and get it locked so you cant touch it but the interest .

I would put the money in a bank and live off interest and be a hermit .

Interest on 500 million, even at only 4% would get you $20 million a year, no need to be a hermit. :thumbs:

Oh and BTW, I just drove past the lottery sign here on the highway and it now says $540 million. It just keeps climbing! I dont usually buy lotto ticket, but what the heck. I think I will pick some up this week.

i would catch some z's....and by z's i mean

Z71

ZR1

ZL1

get some race driving schooling....and then pay off my and my family's debts...pay for siblings colleges....buy some stocks....savings accounts, cd's....etc etc etc

I almost never buy lotto tickets. Every now and then I will if the feeling strikes me when I'm at the checkout counter or whatever but that's like twice a year. If I came into that sort of money I'd obviously do the normal stuff with a few nice cars and trucks, get a house to keep it all in but the one big thing I'd want to do it get my pilot's license. One of those childhood dreams that took a backseat once I learned the cost. :lol:

Archived