AutoCal with Lift??

I plan on ordering the AutoCal for my 6.2 Denali, and after putting the 35's on it I obviously lost a lot of power, with the AutoCal will I gain most of that power back? I'm aware that with a lifted pickup I don't need to be going 100+ but it would be nice to have that power back!

No. You will not get enough power to make up for the 35"s. If you haven't already, it will compensate for the 35"s as far as the speedometer goes. Not sure about the 4spd but in the 6spd you can get rid of some torque management and make it feel a little more peppy. But with those tires a tune alone wont make it like it was with the stockers.

It would help, remember you need to regear the front and rear when you are figuring out the price.

A set of 3.90 will get you close to the ratios you were stock with 3.42 gears, 4.11 would rev a little higher than stock but get you back to the stock feel.

Once you get the tune and have first gear throttle limit and torque management removed you might be find you are happy with it but the gear would perk it back up.

• 1 month later...

you'll fall in love with your truck all over again once you regear. And honestly, wait until you regear to tune...cause you'll have to tune immediately after anyways

Not sure he fully understands the cost of regearing both ends of his truck. I would suggest he get the tune done first, then ask Justin to give him another copy of the tune with the gearset accounted for. That way, he just needs to apply the tune with the gear change accounted for after he does the gear change. If he is not using the AutoCal method then that would be different.

Archived