Executive Editor

• Administrator
  • 6,000 posts
  • Name:Zane
  • Drives:2011 GMC Sierra

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:05 AM

Posted Image

The Line-X solution: Project Sierra gets a spray-in bed liner

It's often one of the first decisions a truck owner has to make: Do I get a bed liner? If you're smart, the answer will undoubtedly be yes. However, even then you've got yet another choice: Drop in or spray on? We recently had to hash out this very conundrum with Project Sierra. After some hearty debate, it ended up being a no-brainer. Here's why we got a Line-X spray in bedliner and a behind the scenes look at the entire process.

Read more

#2 coydog13

coydog13

Enthusiast

• 43 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:09 AM

Great write up! I've been in this vortex for quite some time now trying to figure out which way to go! My '09 had a drop in, and now my '11 has nothing. It's hard to come up with the $500+ for just some plastic in the back, but already my bed is showing the tell tale signs of having no protection. Your write up has definitely made my mind up, now just have to have the boss authorize the funds! Living in Northern Vermont, I would have to travel for Line-X anyways, closest to me is Littleton, NH. Bow, NH shouldn't be too much further away for a great product.

#3 Zane

Zane

Executive Editor

• Administrator
  • 6,000 posts
  • Name:Zane
  • Drives:2011 GMC Sierra

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:02 AM

Great write up! I've been in this vortex for quite some time now trying to figure out which way to go! My '09 had a drop in, and now my '11 has nothing. It's hard to come up with the $500+ for just some plastic in the back, but already my bed is showing the tell tale signs of having no protection. Your write up has definitely made my mind up, now just have to have the boss authorize the funds! Living in Northern Vermont, I would have to travel for Line-X anyways, closest to me is Littleton, NH. Bow, NH shouldn't be too much further away for a great product.

The price is the biggest hurdle but let me tell you, the end product is really nice. We finally feel like we can get up in and work in the bed safely and without worry. Over the winter we hated to put stuff in the bed for fear it would scratch or ding. We also hated that there was no grip when wet. Line-X solves all of those issues.

Line-X of Merrimack Valley is a great place to get it done and only 2 miles from I-89 coming from VT. Let us know what you decide!

#4 Z71_Denali

Z71_Denali

Enthusiast

• 858 posts
  • Drives:2014 GMC Sierra Z71 Denali

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

nice write up! i think i'll do the Line-X in my next truck. i got too good of a deal from a friend that runs a truck accessories shop to pass on my Line-x generic brand bedliner on my current truck

Formerly Known as 2010TexasEdition

#5 kevworthy

kevworthy

Enthusiast

• 3 posts
  • Name:Kevin
  • Drives:2012 GMC Sierra

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

I had a spray in liner installed today on my project Sierra.....Xtreme liner, I was able to get a really good deal on it, it was 100$ cheaper than the Linex, and after a ton of research, I feel like it is as good of a product as Linex...I am very happy with it and Shane at The Truck Zone did an awesome job on it.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 BlackZ71Silverado

BlackZ71Silverado

Senior Enthusiast

• 2,437 posts
  • Name:Justin

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

I had a spray in liner installed today on my project Sierra.....Xtreme liner, I was able to get a really good deal on it, it was 100$ cheaper than the Linex, and after a ton of research, I feel like it is as good of a product as Linex...I am very happy with it and Shane at The Truck Zone did an awesome job on it.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Looks good....There is a reason it was cheaper than the Line-X, it doesn't compare. I don't have Line-X in my Silverado, saved money and sprayed it myself. Holding up great but not even close to being Line-X quality.

Hope you have good luck with that product.
2010 Silverado 1500 5.3L Black w/ Z71 appearance pkg.
CAI Tube - AEM DryFlow filter
DiabloSport "inTune" programmer
2" Rough Country level / 3" Rough Country rear blocks
MBRP T-409 SS 3" Performance Exhaust, single/side exit

'08 Silverado 6.0L V-Max
GMPP CAI - AEM DryFlow filter
GMPP Performance exhaust
DiabloSport Predator
2" Rough Country level / 3" Rough Country rear blocks
Cooper Discoverer AT3's

#7 NH_Z71Sierra

NH_Z71Sierra

Enthusiast

• 22 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

When i had mine done i had them do inside the rear wheel wells too that was at truck trends in belmont nh the guy in littleton wouldnt do it

#8 Joe DD

Joe DD

Enthusiast

• 95 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:32 AM

I'm going with a spray in liner this time too. My plan is getting the spray liner in a few weeks with a DeeZee rubber mat in the bed. I just got the mat on sale for $60 locally. The spray in is not Line-X but of a comparable quality, supposedly.
2014 GMC 1500 Double-Cab 4x4

#9 Evan Williams

Evan Williams

Panem et Circenses

• 37 posts
  • Drives:2014 SIERRA

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:17 PM

I'm going tomorrow for line x.
They better not put that sticker on either.

#10 newdude

newdude

Enthusiast

• 902 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:42 PM

I'm going tomorrow for line x.
They better not put that sticker on either.

You talking about that one they put by the tailgate that says LineX and has the store info on it? 

DSC_0317-1.jpg

Current Vehicle:
- 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500.  Ext.cab, All Star, 5.3, Z71, Blue Granite Metallic.

Former Vehicles:
- 1997 Olds Achieva SL. Sedan, Quad 4 LD9.
-2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD. 6.0, reg cab, 4x4, Sport Red Metallic, 65,XXX miles. Built March 2004, totaled in MVA April 30th, 2011.

- 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd. 6.0, reg cab, 4x4, Green Metallic, 36,694 miles

#11 Evan Williams

Evan Williams

Panem et Circenses

• 37 posts
  • Drives:2014 SIERRA

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:15 PM

You talking about that one they put by the tailgate that says LineX and has the store info on it?

On my,old one they,put a yellow on my bsck window as well.
I'm going Wednesday for the install, they were busy.
Gonna get a tailgate lock and some step Bars as well

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users