Bird Attacking My Truck!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Portdriver

Portdriver

Enthusiast

• 218 posts
  • Name:Dan
  • Drives:2011 Sierra 2500 HD 6.0L Z71 4X4 CrewCab - SnowDogg HD75 Plow - Zone Leveling Keys, Zone Steering Stabilizer & Zone Nitro Shocks

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:45 PM

I got a cardinal attacking my truck! She thinks her reflection is another bird and keeps pecking at my mirrors and windows. And pooping on it too! To bad my cat isn't a trained attack cat! Maybe the 300 Win mag will put an end to this? That might be to much fire power for the wittle birdie?

Edited by Portdriver, 03 April 2012 - 04:49 PM.

#2 Doz El Dude

Doz El Dude

Enthusiast

• 164 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Drives:2013 Camaro SS

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

It deserves nothing less than a Barrett .50 Cal lol

#3 jro909

jro909

Your Own Personal Jesus

• 4,079 posts
  • Drives:04 1500 Silverado

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:22 PM

yeah how about a stick? much cheaper then the rounds stated above lol
RCLB 5.3, 3.42 gears, Z85/82 Bilstein Hds, General AT2 Grabbers

Man fears what he does not understand- Anton LaVey

Old People Drive Slow To Make The Most Of The Time They Have Left

Member of the Red Truck Club

Proud Vortec Owner

#4 Portdriver

Portdriver

Enthusiast

• 218 posts
  • Drives:2011 Sierra 2500 HD 6.0L Z71 4X4 CrewCab - SnowDogg HD75 Plow - Zone Leveling Keys, Zone Steering Stabilizer & Zone Nitro Shocks

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:33 PM

Apparently it's illegal to off da birdie. Endangered species or migratory song bird act.

#5 tesnoboy

tesnoboy

Enthusiast

• 277 posts
  • Drives:1999 SIERRA 1500 SLE EXT CAB

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

I had that problem on my Sierra and Malibu a couple of years ago. I had to put plastic bags over my mirrors for a couple of weeks until the flying retards finally moved on!

#6 2010TexasEdition

2010TexasEdition

Enthusiast

• 854 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:00 PM

hang a fake owl near your cars
Posted Image
Corsa dB Exhaust, K&N 63 Series Intake, DiabloSport Trinity Programmer, Advent Navigation, Katzskin Black & Dove Tail Grey Perforated Leather, BakFlip F1 Tonneau Cover

#7 AllBlkdOut07

AllBlkdOut07

All black or nothing...

• 2,331 posts
  • Name:Umberto

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

STUPID BIRD. Same thing happened to me a few years ago, bird crapped all over my roof pecked at the paint, hood and ruined the finish.

A plastic owl worked for the first day then the bird caught on, same thing with the rubber snake I used worked for a day or two. This one was a robin. I HATE birds they're completely worthless.

I would hook up an electrical charge to your truck somehow, just rig it so you can turn to off before you go touch the door handle.
Posted Image
4WD/4.88s/TrueTrac/EFI Live | Rancho 4" SL+ 3" BL | Custom SS Skidplate | 20" Ballistic Jesters | 35" Toyos
Fabricated One-Off Lightbar + Bed Tire Mount
| Copper Anodized KING Coilovers + New Rims (Spring 2012)

#8 doropallo

doropallo

Enthusiast

• 19 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:17 PM

I have the same problem if I forget to tuck the mirrors in every night. Gets old.

#9 tesnoboy

tesnoboy

Enthusiast

• 277 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:22 PM

STUPID BIRD. Same thing happened to me a few years ago, bird crapped all over my roof pecked at the paint, hood and ruined the finish.

A plastic owl worked for the first day then the bird caught on, same thing with the rubber snake I used worked for a day or two. This one was a robin. I HATE birds they're completely worthless.

I would hook up an electrical charge to your truck somehow, just rig it so you can turn to off before you go touch the door handle.

Yes they are a pain in the ass. I swear they enjoy pooping on vehicles. The only tree they sit and shit in is the one that overhangs my truck! Don't think the electrical charge would be real good for your electronics or be good in the rain. Then you have fried computers and burnt bird stuck to your paint. :M16:

#10 AllBlkdOut07

AllBlkdOut07

All black or nothing...

• 2,331 posts
  • Name:Umberto

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:08 PM

Yes they are a pain in the ass. I swear they enjoy pooping on vehicles. The only tree they sit and shit in is the one that overhangs my truck! Don't think the electrical charge would be real good for your electronics or be good in the rain. Then you have fried computers and burnt bird stuck to your paint.

let make it clear, it was a joke lol do not try that, please.

Sent from my Allblackedout iPhone using Tapatalk
Posted Image
4WD/4.88s/TrueTrac/EFI Live | Rancho 4" SL+ 3" BL | Custom SS Skidplate | 20" Ballistic Jesters | 35" Toyos
Fabricated One-Off Lightbar + Bed Tire Mount
| Copper Anodized KING Coilovers + New Rims (Spring 2012)

#11 tesnoboy

tesnoboy

Enthusiast

• 277 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

Yes they are a pain in the ass. I swear they enjoy pooping on vehicles. The only tree they sit and shit in is the one that overhangs my truck! Don't think the electrical charge would be real good for your electronics or be good in the rain. Then you have fried computers and burnt bird stuck to your paint.

let make it clear, it was a joke lol do not try that, please.

Sent from my Allblackedout iPhone using Tapatalk

I know, but the visual of fried flying bastards is funny!

#12 morgan1986

morgan1986

Senior Enthusiast

• 1,204 posts
  • Name:Morgan
  • Drives:2005 silverado

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

I heard you can accidentally just get some bird seed with a bit of rat poison laced in it.Then I heard It would get rid of all your bird probs and rodent problems in the area.
Posted Image
4.3l, regcab, short box, 5spd, cruise, duel climate and G80

#13 Portdriver

Portdriver

Enthusiast

• 218 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:25 PM

I'm sitting in my chair watching the news looking out the window and what do I see? Birdie sitting on the roof of the truck, right where the doors start, pecking at the paint! It gets better. So I get my key fob and click it every few minutes to try and chase it away when all of the sudden the next door cat tries to leap up onto the hood trying to get the bird and slides down the fender! Now I'm pissed. Bird shit, peck marks and now cat scrathes!

#14 tesnoboy

tesnoboy

Enthusiast

• 277 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

I'm sitting in my chair watching the news looking out the window and what do I see? Birdie sitting on the roof of the truck, right where the doors start, pecking at the paint! It gets better. So I get my key fob and click it every few minutes to try and chase it away when all of the sudden the next door cat tries to leap up onto the hood trying to get the bird and slides down the fender! Now I'm pissed. Bird shit, peck marks and now cat scrathes!

That sucks Dude! Especially on a new truck. I would buy a Coverit Shelter if you can.

#15 KMGZ400

KMGZ400

Senior Enthusiast

• 5,097 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

id already have my versa max out

image_V1MHcoloredsized_zpsa15e91fd.jpg
2014 GMC Sierra Denali 2500 CCSB 4x4 LML 3.73 G80

2013 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ 1500 ECSB 4x4 5.3 3.08 G80
2012 Chevrolet Cruze eco 1.4T M-6

2012 Nissan NV3500 S 5.6 3.54

0 user(s) are reading this topic