Tow/haul Button not working

Had that problem on my 01. One of the wires in the shifter was cut. Take the cover off the steering column and check there. There is two/three wires that go to the button and tend to get clipped in the steering column. Friend had the same problem with his Sierra. Hope that helps. Good Luck

Had that problem on my 01. One of the wires in the shifter was cut. Take the cover off the steering column and check there. There is two/three wires that go to the button and tend to get clipped in the steering column. Friend had the same problem with his Sierra. Hope that helps. Good Luck

+1 ,common failure

+1 ,common failure

Real common

No the light did not come on, in fact I dont notice that it comes on when I start the truck. I did try the tow/haul button to see if I noticed any change in acceleration. There was no change. So I know it is not working, normally I can feel a difference in shift firmness.

Anyone know what color wires I need to be looking for, so I know which ones to trace. Thanks

+1 ,common failure

usually orange

Only reason I've ever seen at work, and usually its visible! We don't fix it.

No the light did not come on, in fact I dont notice that it comes on when I start the truck. I did try the tow/haul button to see if I noticed any change in acceleration. There was no change. So I know it is not working, normally I can feel a difference in shift firmness.

Anyone know what color wires I need to be looking for, so I know which ones to trace. Thanks

When you pull the steering column you will see the only wires coming from the shifter. Pretty much can't miss them!

When you pull the steering column you will see the only wires coming from the shifter. Pretty much can't miss them!

the sheathing is rather rigid over time and the wee wires cant handle it and they break,,follow the wire till ya find sumfin bruken !!

use a butt connector that has shrink wrap on it and that is a good repair

Done and Done.......Wow what a crappy design by GM.......Most challenging part of this was figuring out how to get the steering column cover unsnapped. I was a little leary of pushing too hard on it and breaking it.......

Archived