D@*! rail dust!!!

I finally got a chance to wash my new white 6.2L z71 and the finish felt like sand paper!! HOLY CRAP I thought, something must be wrong. I noticed that it looked like rust, then remembered something on here about rail dust. I USED THE SEARCH FEATURE and found the threads on the subject.

Off to Autozone to get Mothers clay bar kit. 3 HOURS LATER, the rail dust is gone and the finish looks and feels amazing. The hood was the absolute worst. It kicked my butt for almost 2 solid hours, then I was able to hit the rest of the truck pretty quickly (except for the top - I will tackle that another day). After the clay bar, I washed it again, applied maguiars cleaner wax, then finished it off with Maguiars NXT 2.0 polish.

I can't believe that nobody at the dealership caught this. I honestly though it was pollen until after I washed it by hand today. This was bad, but now it looks like a new truck finish.

now, I need some Aleve because my shoulders are killing me! LOL

You got hit with the orange blossm special! Get a second set off eyes to check it, after looking at white for so long it's easy to miss a spec or 2.

PS - A wee taste of the Tullamore Dew will Aleve those shoulders and more!

Yup just got done doing this to my truck as well. It wasn't there when it was delivered but after 2 weeks of getting it I started noticing it. I was also told that you can get some of it in the winter when the plows go by you while scraping the snow/pavement and the metal filings are coming off of the blade and falling on your paint. If you are in an area that gets snow that is.

LOL....." USED THE SEARCH FEATURE"..........Didn't know that still existed on here.

Definately have someone else look at the truck. Very possible you may have missed an area and still have that crap on your truck. It's not easy work, that's why the dealerships give yo uthe truck that way.

Archived