First week with Black bear tune

I've had my truck running a black bear tune for about a week now. I gotta say its pretty damn great! I cant say the truck is really faster, which wasnt what I was looking for anyway, but it does "feel" quicker. with the trans tune it feels like the truck stays in the power band much better than it did before. Probably the part I'm most happy with is how it feels at WOT. With the pedal down the 1-2 shift is just fantsic, nice and firm, and will even bark the 33" MTRs I have on the truck. 2-3 feels just about as firm. Cant say about the rest of the shifts at full throttle, havnt stayed in it that long. Being able to cruise around town with out the truck constantly cycling in and out of 4 cylinder mode is nice too, figure I paid for all 8 of em so why not let me use em? I dont know about fuel economy just yet as I havnt run a full tank through it yet, but watching the trip meter, it seems like its about the same, maybe a hair better. Keep in mind this on a 87-89 octane tune. So I all I can say is if anyone is reading this and considering a tune, do it you will be pleased!

For most completely stock vehicles, a traditional tune is just fine. However, a benefit of a cable/AutoCal tune, is that we can determine whether or not the gas is good quality, and if you have any mechanical issues that may be holding your vehicle back. We strongly recommend folks doing the traditional tune, to clean their MAF and throttle body prior to tuning.

• 4 weeks later...

My truck has been a dog since I put the 35's and 6" lift. Its a 2010 with the 5.3. Does the autocal plug and play or does it have to be tweaked for individual trucks? Im ready to pull the trigger! My truck looks good, just hate when a stock ford blows by me! :)

My truck has been a dog since I put the 35's and 6" lift. Its a 2010 with the 5.3. Does the autocal plug and play or does it have to be tweaked for individual trucks? Im ready to pull the trigger! My truck looks good, just hate when a stock ford blows by me! :)

Should I just call black bear?

What's the typically response time from blackbearperformance. I've emailed them twice in the last week. To both emails with no response. I don't want to just order the autocal with out knowing how to pick the tunes I want.

via Razr MAXX

What's the typically response time from blackbearperformance. I've emailed them twice in the last week. To both emails with no response. I don't want to just order the autocal with out knowing how to pick the tunes I want.

via Razr MAXX

I have bolded the problem above. Our server shows us emails in the order received, based on the most recent email received. When you email multiple times, it bumps you to the more recent date, lengthening our response time. That being said, we receive hundreds of emails every day, our response time is typically within 2-3 business days.

via Razr MAXX

I have bolded the problem above. Our server shows us emails in the order received, based on the most recent email received. When you email multiple times, it bumps you to the more recent date, lengthening our response time. That being said, we receive hundreds of emails every day, our response time is typically within 2-3 business days.

OK thank you. I sent the first to the general email, the second I sent to the autocal address, didn't realize autocal questions had a different account.

via Razr MAXX

Archived