24 replies to this topic

#1 W/T_Deluxe

W/T_Deluxe

Enthusiast

• 128 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Drives:2011 GMC Sierra 1500 W/T 4x4

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:03 PM

I've had my truck running a black bear tune for about a week now. I gotta say its pretty damn great! I cant say the truck is really faster, which wasnt what I was looking for anyway, but it does "feel" quicker. with the trans tune it feels like the truck stays in the power band much better than it did before. Probably the part I'm most happy with is how it feels at WOT. With the pedal down the 1-2 shift is just fantsic, nice and firm, and will even bark the 33" MTRs I have on the truck. 2-3 feels just about as firm. Cant say about the rest of the shifts at full throttle, havnt stayed in it that long. Being able to cruise around town with out the truck constantly cycling in and out of 4 cylinder mode is nice too, figure I paid for all 8 of em so why not let me use em? I dont know about fuel economy just yet as I havnt run a full tank through it yet, but watching the trip meter, it seems like its about the same, maybe a hair better. Keep in mind this on a 87-89 octane tune. So I all I can say is if anyone is reading this and considering a tune, do it you will be pleased!

Posted Image

2011 GMC Sierra 1500

5.3, 6 speed 4x4

2" Skyjacker levling kit, 1.5" Zone BL

17x9 KMC XD Addicts, 285/70/17 Wrangler MTR's

Custom Magnaflow cat back, Airaid MIT, Eaton Posi

Black Bear Tune

#2 8.1HD/ALLISON

8.1HD/ALLISON

Senior Truck Tweaker

• 2,118 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Drives:04 K2500HD

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:22 PM

Well worth the $$$!

backhoe6_zps0cfc8c15.jpg
You want fuel economy? Buy a Prius.... I have a big block!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2004 Chevy Silverado K2500 HD CCLB, 8.1L/Allison, 285/75R16 Goodyear Duratracs,
B&W hitch, Whelen 6 channel strobe lights, Soundoff Signal Mini Light Bar,
Dual Flowmaster Super 44's, BlackBear Tuned, Too much to list,

#3 txab

txab

Your worst fWONking nightmare

• 8,182 posts
  • Drives:2014 GMC Sierra

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

Posted Image

100_0955-1-1-1.jpg
"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."
-- Benjamin Franklin

bbp.pngsynad.pngAdamslogo3_zpsc74f7e65.png

#4 cparks555

cparks555

Senior Enthusiast

• 1,233 posts
  • Drives:Sierra

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:39 PM

Definately in my near future, thanks for the review!

DSC00787600x450200x150.jpg

#5 Jennabear

Jennabear

Senior Enthusiast

• Supporting Vendor
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:50 PM

Enjoy your tunes guys!
Posted Image
Some show and quite a bit of go...contact us for Performance Tuning and Parts!

#6 Battou62

Battou62

Enthusiast

• 133 posts
  • Drives:2009 GMC 1500 Crew Cab

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:37 AM

I was planning on getting a tune after i get some new wheels and tires. I hope the standard tune is sufficient for most people.

#7 Jennabear

Jennabear

Senior Enthusiast

• Supporting Vendor
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

For most completely stock vehicles, a traditional tune is just fine. However, a benefit of a cable/AutoCal tune, is that we can determine whether or not the gas is good quality, and if you have any mechanical issues that may be holding your vehicle back. We strongly recommend folks doing the traditional tune, to clean their MAF and throttle body prior to tuning.
Posted Image

#8 Battou62

Battou62

Enthusiast

• 133 posts
  • Drives:2009 GMC 1500 Crew Cab

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:41 AM

Thanks for the tips, I will definitely do that.

#9 BuddC

BuddC

Enthusiast

• 1 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:22 AM

My truck has been a dog since I put the 35's and 6" lift. Its a 2010 with the 5.3. Does the autocal plug and play or does it have to be tweaked for individual trucks? Im ready to pull the trigger! My truck looks good, just hate when a stock ford blows by me! :)

#10 BigBudd

BigBudd

Enthusiast

• 292 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:25 AM

My truck has been a dog since I put the 35's and 6" lift. Its a 2010 with the 5.3. Does the autocal plug and play or does it have to be tweaked for individual trucks? Im ready to pull the trigger! My truck looks good, just hate when a stock ford blows by me! :)

Should I just call black bear?
Posted Image
The sting of poor quailty far outlast the joy of a cheap price... Quality counts

#11 txab

txab

Your worst fWONking nightmare

• 8,182 posts
  • Drives:2014 GMC Sierra

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:45 AM

With the Autocal, you'll have a custom tune specifically for your truck.

100_0955-1-1-1.jpg
"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."
-- Benjamin Franklin

bbp.pngsynad.pngAdamslogo3_zpsc74f7e65.png

#12 anthony2558

anthony2558

Enthusiast

• 645 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:03 PM

What's the typically response time from blackbearperformance. I've emailed them twice in the last week. To both emails with no response. I don't want to just order the autocal with out knowing how to pick the tunes I want.

via Razr MAXX

Edited by anthony2558, 08 May 2012 - 12:03 PM.

Current: 2014 Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L Double Cab

Sold: 2012 Sierra 2500HD SLE 6.0L CC. HID's, Linex, Remote Start, K&N Drop in, GMPP Sport Exhaust, Black Bear Tuned.

Traded: 2008 Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L CC. HID's, Rhino Lined, Remote Start, DIC Upgrade, Wait4me Tune, 2.25" Leveling Kit.

#13 Jennabear

Jennabear

Senior Enthusiast

• Supporting Vendor
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

What's the typically response time from blackbearperformance. I've emailed them twice in the last week. To both emails with no response. I don't want to just order the autocal with out knowing how to pick the tunes I want.

via Razr MAXX

I have bolded the problem above. Our server shows us emails in the order received, based on the most recent email received. When you email multiple times, it bumps you to the more recent date, lengthening our response time. That being said, we receive hundreds of emails every day, our response time is typically within 2-3 business days.
Posted Image

#14 BigBudd

BigBudd

Enthusiast

• 292 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:41 PM

Thanks Jenna, I e mailed and look forward to working with you... Im going Auto Cal...Woo Hoo
Posted Image
The sting of poor quailty far outlast the joy of a cheap price... Quality counts

#15 anthony2558

anthony2558

Enthusiast

• 645 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:53 PM

via Razr MAXX

I have bolded the problem above. Our server shows us emails in the order received, based on the most recent email received. When you email multiple times, it bumps you to the more recent date, lengthening our response time. That being said, we receive hundreds of emails every day, our response time is typically within 2-3 business days.

OK thank you. I sent the first to the general email, the second I sent to the autocal address, didn't realize autocal questions had a different account.

via Razr MAXX

Current: 2014 Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L Double Cab

Sold: 2012 Sierra 2500HD SLE 6.0L CC. HID's, Linex, Remote Start, K&N Drop in, GMPP Sport Exhaust, Black Bear Tuned.

Traded: 2008 Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L CC. HID's, Rhino Lined, Remote Start, DIC Upgrade, Wait4me Tune, 2.25" Leveling Kit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertise Here