http://money.cnn.com...e-ram/index.htm

Even More Catching up to do?

#2 doodeediddledodindee

doodeediddledodindee

Enthusiast

• 203 posts
  • Name:aka Jeff

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:55 PM

i guess, i mean i guess if you want a "truck" with a lot of car parts and new car fuel saving trickery then no they dont because they could just add all that stuff tomorrow to the current trucks and get the same improvements, if they want to make a real truck without all the car bs then they have some work to do

#3 Grotesk

Grotesk

Enthusiast

• 25 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:45 PM

I Agree, Trucks today are becoming....... Not Trucks.....(If that makes any sort of sense). They defiantly seem to be catering to the "Concrete Cowboy" as I like to call them. Trucks like these (Ah La EcoBoost, and This New Ram) Make me go a Big Rubbery One.

#4 MikeNH

MikeNH

Senior Enthusiast

• 5,930 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Drives:2011 Silverado 1500

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

Any or all of that could very well be on the new Silverado. The active aero is something GM has been on the ball with for a while now so I'd actually expect that. The air suspension is interesting and has potential I think but I think GM can make gains in fuel efficiency in other ways like direct injection.

#5 doug_scott

doug_scott

Senior Enthusiast

• 2,017 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:13 PM

I Agree, Trucks today are becoming....... Not Trucks.....(If that makes any sort of sense). They defiantly seem to be catering to the "Concrete Cowboy" as I like to call them. Trucks like these (Ah La EcoBoost, and This New Ram) Make me go a Big Rubbery One.

Why does it bother you? In order to get better mileage ani bought the 2wd versiond lower emissions, they simply make the engine more efficient. That does not mean less power, it means more power as well. There are many reasons to buy a truck these days. My truck will never intentionally go off road. It will likely never pull a trailer either. What it does do though, is allow me to be able to get in and out with my back the way it has been for 22 years now.

If you do not want the passenger type options, don't select them when you buy your next new truck. That also means no power windows or locks. No a/c, no chrome, no fancy wheels, and no stereos. Basically a truck that the city buys for their workers. They tend to get non metalic paint, and in special colours.

#6 Grotesk

Grotesk

Enthusiast

• 25 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

I was not trying to put anyone down. To each their own on the type of vehicle (Very bitter against Rams :P). We live in an exciting time with the types of trucks/ vehicles + innovations coming out.

#7 ChevyTech77

ChevyTech77

GM Master Certified Technician

• 2,697 posts
  • Drives:'11 Silverado ECSB L9H Z71

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

My freakin' 6.2 pulls down 16-19 mpg so what's all the hub bub or did I miss something?
Chevy tough.
Anytime baby!

Every screw up is an opportunity not to make another one.

#8 bogeypro

bogeypro

Enthusiast

• 316 posts
  • Name:Preston
  • Drives:2014 GMC Sierra SLT CC 4x2

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

I love my 6.2l! If they made 6.5 I would buy that.

2014 Bronze Metallic GMC Sierra SLT CC 4x2 3.42 rear

#9 whitesnake01

whitesnake01

Enthusiast

• 362 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

Speaking of progress, GM did make a 6.5L V8 but you probably do not want it...

I am all for progress in this space and do not mind car-like features are creeping into the trucks. My first truck was a 77 Blazer with a 350. It had a solid front axle, full time 4x4 and a three speed auto. It got 8MPG on a good day. My more recent Suburban came with a whopping 230HP in the base 454 (7.4L). I believe it was rated witha torque of 340. I am not kidding you. While the best feature of the Blazer was that you could work on the engine by sitting on a fender with your feet in the engine compartment, on the frame, I do not miss it. Trucks have been redefined for the better in the past 20 years and I hope the continue to evolve, along with cars, while keeping power, the torque and the cooling capacity.
05 2500HD EC LB 4x4 DMAX LLY, 98 gal transfer flow = 132 in total.
93 2500 Suburban 4x4 Whipple'd 454, Banks headers, etc
01 Mustang Cobra

#10 therapy

therapy

Enthusiast

• 147 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:08 PM

Speaking of progress, GM did make a 6.5L V8 but you probably do not want it...

I am all for progress in this space and do not mind car-like features are creeping into the trucks. My first truck was a 77 Blazer with a 350. It had a solid front axle, full time 4x4 and a three speed auto. It got 8MPG on a good day. My more recent Suburban came with a whopping 230HP in the base 454 (7.4L). I believe it was rated witha torque of 340. I am not kidding you. While the best feature of the Blazer was that you could work on the engine by sitting on a fender with your feet in the engine compartment, on the frame, I do not miss it. Trucks have been redefined for the better in the past 20 years and I hope the continue to evolve, along with cars, while keeping power, the torque and the cooling capacity.

Totally agree. I had a 89 Dodge Ramcharger, an 85 Blazer, and a 1996 Sierra before this. Every step has been in the right direction. My 2007 Sierra may have the nicest interior, best suspension, and most car-like ride, but it also has the best engine, power, and torque. It does everything my other cars did and more.
Posted Image
2007 Sierra Crew Cab SLE2 2WD, 5.3L FlexFuel
American Racing Piranha 18" wheels, Falken STZ04 285/60r18 tires
Westin Stainless Step Bars, Line-X Over-The-Rail, Magnaflow Dual-Side-Exit Exhaust

#11 '01LS1

'01LS1

Enthusiast

• 523 posts
  • Drives:Pete 385

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:58 PM

Am betting that 8 speed will not make it behind the Hemi out of the gate.

Besides, the numbers they are posting have already been met.
The Ram looks nice, but none of these trucks are exactly aero,
nor should they be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertise Here