My subscription is about to expire and XM is not offering any incentives right now even though I've been a customer for 5+ years. My last subscription was half price, but that's not happening again. If any of you on this forum are getting some decent offers from them, let me know. Otherwise they're losing another subscriber because full price at $159 is not happening for me. That's too much with me only using the truck to commute M-F to a park and ride lot where I catch the bus. As much as I like XM when traveling and not having to listen to the local radio crap, it's not worth $159 plus fees to me.

I call to cancel every year, but haven't cancelled yet. ~ $80 is a good deal for my use, but I wouldn't pay full price either. I despise commercials, and don't feel like keeping up w/ a portable player all the time. I also like new variety... so XM fits the bill, especially when traveling long distance. Although less important, I like the service well enough to want to "support" them to keep it alive. I'm afraid that 3G/4G devices will eventually kill XM, but not yet.

I just renewed after letting it expire - they offered 6 months for $25. I listen to Bluesville and a few country channels that I really enjoy. It's not worth full price to me.

SIrius (same company as XM) is telling people no deals but a friend just let his expire and they sent him a a 6 months for $30 we want you back deal - so there are deals.

I have the "music only" package for $132 a year, $10 a month and $2 month artist fee.

Sirius may still have "a la cart" package, choose 50 channels for $7 a month. Only with the Startus 6 radio.

I should have bought the lifetime package, 9 years ago.

I just renewed my Sirius 1 yr package for $76.96 after I called to cancel before the automatic renewal. I told there were too many other ways to get music and that the $159 + royalty fee was insane. She immediately asked if I would renew at my last years package rate and I said that I would. I really don't need it but sometimes I will listen to it.

They are pretty good about giving discounts to keep customers. Just like anything, never hurts to ask for a deal. All they can say is "no" and lose a customer, which they can't afford to do anyway.

I talked to them on the phone yesterday and no offers to keep me. Guess I'll have to let it expire and see if they offer me anything.

I talked to them on the phone yesterday and no offers to keep me. Guess I'll have to let it expire and see if they offer me anything.

I never ask for offers, I always tell them I'd like to cancel right off the bat. Then they'll send your call to the cancellation department where they will offer you a deal. I usually reject their first offer unless it's really good. I have let it expire before when they said they could give me no deals and in that instance they gave me two free months to think about it, at the end of those two free months they offered me 6 months for $30 so I took it.

Just a heads up for you guys. I did let my service lapse- was offered to pay $9.99 month for 6 months. I declined as it still doesn't seem quite worth it. I got this in the email today.

xmrenew.jpg

So basically 6 months for 25 bucks. If it lapsed again and I got another email that would mean $50.00 a year. I guess that isn't too bad?

Three months ago my wife called to cancel my XM for me. They offered her several discounts. She said she didn't want to commit for me and didn't know where I was. They gave her 2 months free to allow me to "think about it". Last month I called to cancel the "free" and told them I listened to internet radio on my phone. They offered 2 months free XM internet. Less than 2 weeks later I also got the above email for 6 months for $25.

If you can live without it a few days, wait them out.

@$400 for a lifetime subscription. $75 to transfer it to another vehicle if you sell the one you got. If you like XM and are planning on keeping the vehicle for a long time this seems like a good idea to me.

So far on her car I think the cost has worked out to $100/year and she wants to keep that car another year.

On my truck, I think mine works out to $95/year because I bought a new truck and transferred the subscription. Wanting to keep the truck another 4 yrs...so @$53/year?

I'll leave it to your imagination if they balk at the transfer :angel:

Archived