dead animals on the road

z71MudDog

i was driving the other day saw two animals i had never seen dead on the road..the first one was a rabit(i know my girlfriend likes them so i was going to bring it home to her but i didnt...)and lastnight i saw a friggen mallard smashed in the middle of the road..guess the earliest bird gets the tire

We see jackrabbits hit on the road in town all the time here. As new developments are built they seem to want to stay around and usually end up under someone's car eventually.

Wierdest thing Ive ever seen was a couple of beaver within a few miles of one another. Maybe not strange to some, but I was 27 before I ever saw a beaver dead on the side of the road.

Grew up in PA, then since joining the military I've been stationed in Delaware, Alaska, & now Georgia. Everyplace I go there's dead animals to find everywhere, just with each new place were new animals to runover. Currently its armadillos and possums. Alaska is foxes and moose...well moose tend to make your vehicle the "road kill" instead of the other way around.

Never swerve to miss animals on the highway. Had a kid in our church that got killed trying to miss a buzzard. Good kid, played football for Texas A&M.

I never swerve to miss critters, but I did swerve to hit one this winter. Got me some venison for the freezer that way.

Never swerve to miss animals on the highway. Had a kid in our church that got killed trying to miss a buzzard. Good kid, played football for Texas A&M.

I never swerve to miss critters, but I did swerve to hit one this winter. Got me some venison for the freezer that way.

Gonna share that venison?? :)

Archived