1st to 2nd shifts funny

2010 5.3 with 6 speed. I recently got a flush and filter change and it has 103000 miles on it. When it shifts from 1st to 2nd going slow it does a studder. If I'm acelerating or going up hill putting any load at all it shifts normal. In stop and go traffic its anoying as hell. I've started to just keep in in 1st when traffic is stalled. It's out of warranty. Any one reconize this problem?

Well, in May it will be 2 years. Yeah my carbon footprint is nothing to brag about. Just hope it lasts until it is paid for. My 04 had 280,000 in 6 years. Would have kept it but it was just a matter of time before something went wrong with it.

you need a duramax with an Allison ,,,,,as for the tranny ,another flush victim or coincedence,,,,,

i say the later ,,,,,have a tranny tech diagnose it ,internet cant help unless the oil is dark,,,,then you have problems,

IDK the 6speeds at all to help ,maybe a current tech can give his 2 cents

never flush a tranny,,the service recomendations from the General never says to do it...(im not saying that caused this symtom)

The duramax are supposed to out last the gas counterparts, but in my industry I see a lot of them with problems. A lot of has to do with the way they are driven I suppose. The fleet trucks are beat to death but even a couple of the owners that take care of them are always telling me of a problem. At a 100K and this is my first problem, and turns out to be user induced. Though I did take a duramax that had all those little HP goodies added and was surprised how hard it pulled. Though it did ride a lot rougher and cost way more than my gas burner.

Oh and after I got the dipstick tube replace I was able to check the level. It's amazing what a little ATF will do....

Spark plugs are next I guess, but that would be another topic.

What he said. I never claimed to be smart.

Oh, That was you, the broken dipstick, I didn't mean it like that, I'm sure plenty of people think I'm an idiot after reading my posts,.lol

No problem. I didn't mention that when I tried to hold the broken tube in place in place with one hand and pull out the dip stick with the other, I didn't want to do it with the engine running. Fluid level was OK then. Then I had my Homer moment. All good now though.

Archived