This sucks - ACL injury

RyanbabZ71

Did you have a cadaver graft? There was a kid (high school I assume) in pt with me Friday who had his rebuilt from his hamstring he was still in a brace and on a crutch and head his surgery 2 wks before me. It seems like I was ahead of him already in rehab?

Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had the cadvar it seems like different doctors have different ways of doing it, I found out the main reason I was on crutches for so long was because I had my mensicus repaired and it needs longer to reconnect properly.

• 3 weeks later...

How is everyone's rehab goin?

Not bad here up to using weights (leg press). Still have a right feeling and get some swelling but I can bend it about 75-80% of what I originally could

Ryan

Going pretty good here as well. Bending to 130 degrees, still need to work in full extension only at -5 need to get around -15. Also meet with the surgeon and looks like I'll be running around month 3 or 4.

What kind of weight are you pitting up, I know my leg difference is pretty noticeable.

Sent from my DROIDX

Like 140 with both legs and maybe 110 on the bad leg? I get remeasured later today I was at 120 a few wks ago, I think I will be much further than that but we will see

Ryan

135 degrees today (was 115 two weeks ago) My left knee is 145 so I have 10 to go :)

Ryan

Sorry to hear. I've been through 2 ACL surgeries--left and right. Both have been replaced. The first few weeks post-op weren't too fun, but I bounced back quickly after that. And the pain medications help alot. Good Luck!!

Loved those sexy white hose you were wearing!

Yea hated them but they actually helped keep the swelling down

Ryan

Loved those sexy white hose you were wearing!

Yea hated them but they actually helped keep the swelling down

Ryan

And life threatening blood clots in less-than-mobile people.

• 2 weeks later...
7 wk checkup tomorrow. Therapist said I will likely be discharged to doing stuff on my own :)

Wow sounds good, I'm at the 2 1/2 month mark. I'll get to start running at month 3. Are you restricted at all? How do you feel about the overall recovery?

Sent from my DROIDX

restricted? Dont really know. The 3rd week I was out cutting grass :lol: I am working and on it most of the day with little issue. As the weeks go by the more normal it feels (funny feeling is going away)

I ran on the elliptical today and have been biking on the my recumbent bike. I have tried to run and its wierd its like I just cant do it yet. I heard it kinda clicks and you can just start doing it. For some odd reason I have an itch to run (do like a 5K). I told my wife this fall we are doing a race.

• 2 months later...

Had a 3 and a half month checkup today. All is still well I get to start jogging and I can go shoot around just no pickup games for some time stil

Ryan

Archived