Avalanche going away?

I kinda like the Avy, but I have a pickup because I use at least a six foot bed all the time. Can't get a bumper replacement for one either I don't think... :lol:

I saw something on the first page about Ford getting rid of the "Explorer truck thingy". I take it they mean SportTrak. Is that true? They are the only truck ford makes I would seriously consider buying. Great on passengers, decent bed, nice ride. A buddy had one, he put it thru hell and it kept on going, I can't count all the times I thought I was gonna die in that thing.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I owned a 2003 Avalanche. Black z71 LT with tan leather. Wife and I both loved it!

But, alas I traded it when the 2007+ crew cab came out. Only issue I ever had with mine was the gauge cluster died and had to have it replaced under warranty.

I kinda like the Avy, but I have a pickup because I use at least a six foot bed all the time. Can't get a bumper replacement for one either I don't think... :lol:

I saw something on the first page about Ford getting rid of the "Explorer truck thingy". I take it they mean SportTrak. Is that true? They are the only truck ford makes I would seriously consider buying. Great on passengers, decent bed, nice ride. A buddy had one, he put it thru hell and it kept on going, I can't count all the times I thought I was gonna die in that thing.

The Sport Trac has been dead for several years now.

I thought I remembered seeing new ones at a dealer, I guess that was longer ago than I thought. IMO the best vehicle they made. Really tough and capable in the mud and off road. Now they only do bendy frame raptors and stupid looking vans and explorers.

The last generation was anything but tough- it has the independent rear suspension from the traditional Explorer so it was useless offroad. The previous generation was no different than a Ranger which I will give credit where it's due and admit it is a solid truck.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That's exactly what I was thinking. Might be a solid vehicle but the looks of it.... yeah BLAHHH!

That is what I think of Toyota . Really good vehicle but ugly .

Same here! Toyota= :puke:

No offence to anyone, of course. If you just look at cars as an appliance!

Archived