gmc k2500 convenience center + Wiring

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 KLCameron

KLCameron

Enthusiast

• 3 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:08 PM

I have a 91 GMC K2500 and I'm looking for the wiring diagram that shows which wires go to the convenience center.

For the story behind it - I'm trying to change out the stereo in the truck (I have done this many times in other vehicles that I own). I pull out the stereo (which I'm betting is not the stock radio) only to find that for some reason I have no ACC wire hooked to the stereo that I just pulled out... (The stereo was always shut off because it didn't work properly) I have several "hot" wires hanging out at different lengths and a plug that I cant figure out what it goes to (hot yellow wire with a cut blue wire) I have my test light (alligator clamped) in to the ground and I make sure that even if I bump it it can't hit any of the exposed wires. As a female, I'm a little uhm well top heavy... In a one in a million shot they get in the way and I bump the alligator clamp enough that it hits this plug and a short sizzle later I have no power to any of those wires. I haven't had much time to work on it so it's been about 2 weeks and I still haven't heard the end of the jokes. I know that this yellow wire goes up behind the instrument panel into a clump of wires - I also know I no longer have power inside at the convenience center.
And because I'm guessing all guys will ask the same question my husband asked - There is no fuse blown in the fuse panel and I also checked all the fusible links on the firewall of the passenger side.
Any and all help would be appreciated :)

#2 govtech4

govtech4

Senior Enthusiast

• 4,808 posts
  • Name:Rob

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

alldata.com
How do you write a signature on a laptop screen ??

lmao.

I'm here all week ,try the Veal !!

Rob

#3 KLCameron

KLCameron

Enthusiast

• 3 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:38 PM

Well, I was kinda hoping for something I didn't have to pay for....

#4 govtech4

govtech4

Senior Enthusiast

• 4,808 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:59 PM

$27 for a year ........

i cant copy and paste michell on demand and gm information does not go back that far,,i cant help you ,i provided a very good website at reasonable prices

fall off your wallet and get it ,,,you'll have what you want in 5 minutes

lmao.

Rob

#5 KLCameron

KLCameron

Enthusiast

• 3 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:05 AM

$27 dollars for a possibly one time only use for a bunch of wires that may or may not even be on there...

I appreciate the help rob, but I can't bring myself to pay for a guess. I'm only guessing that it is even a "convenience center". Everything I have found on a "convenience center" doesn't say anything at all about there being one in a K2500. My "mechanic" tells me he's never seen a panel like that in a truck like mine and he has no idea what it is or what it's for but whenever I'm done working 6-10's give him a call and he'll help me trace out the wires.

#6 PHJensen

PHJensen

Enthusiast

• 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

OK I have a question. what is the "convienence center" what does it do, and where is it? I have a 95 GMC K2500. Trying to get my 4wd to actuate, but I can't get power to the actuator. Looks like it might be going through the convience center.

#7 govtech4

govtech4

Senior Enthusiast

• 4,808 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:00 PM

under left side of dash ,i see the wiring you are talking about going thru it only ,,check owners manual for more info

lmao.

Rob

#8 grampadirt

grampadirt

something smells fishy around here

• 2,798 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Drives:'95 Chevy Suburban K2500

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:53 AM

Rob's right,do yourselves a favor,get ALLDATA.I did and love it...everything you'd need to know about your truck and if you have an old truck you'll use it often :lol:

BTW,there's a nice pic of the convenience center there :thumbs:

Edited by grampadirt, 29 April 2012 - 01:54 AM.

DSC02678-1-1-1.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users