Sign in to follow this  
KLCameron

gmc k2500 convenience center + Wiring

Question

I have a 91 GMC K2500 and I'm looking for the wiring diagram that shows which wires go to the convenience center.

For the story behind it - I'm trying to change out the stereo in the truck (I have done this many times in other vehicles that I own). I pull out the stereo (which I'm betting is not the stock radio) only to find that for some reason I have no ACC wire hooked to the stereo that I just pulled out... (The stereo was always shut off because it didn't work properly) I have several "hot" wires hanging out at different lengths and a plug that I cant figure out what it goes to (hot yellow wire with a cut blue wire) I have my test light (alligator clamped) in to the ground and I make sure that even if I bump it it can't hit any of the exposed wires. As a female, I'm a little uhm well top heavy... In a one in a million shot they get in the way and I bump the alligator clamp enough that it hits this plug and a short sizzle later I have no power to any of those wires. I haven't had much time to work on it so it's been about 2 weeks and I still haven't heard the end of the jokes. I know that this yellow wire goes up behind the instrument panel into a clump of wires - I also know I no longer have power inside at the convenience center.

And because I'm guessing all guys will ask the same question my husband asked - There is no fuse blown in the fuse panel and I also checked all the fusible links on the firewall of the passenger side.

Any and all help would be appreciated :)

7 answers to this question

$27 for a year ........

i cant copy and paste michell on demand and gm information does not go back that far,,i cant help you ,i provided a very good website at reasonable prices

fall off your wallet and get it ,,,you'll have what you want in 5 minutes

$27 dollars for a possibly one time only use for a bunch of wires that may or may not even be on there...

I appreciate the help rob, but I can't bring myself to pay for a guess. I'm only guessing that it is even a "convenience center". Everything I have found on a "convenience center" doesn't say anything at all about there being one in a K2500. My "mechanic" tells me he's never seen a panel like that in a truck like mine and he has no idea what it is or what it's for but whenever I'm done working 6-10's give him a call and he'll help me trace out the wires.

OK I have a question. what is the "convienence center" what does it do, and where is it? I have a 95 GMC K2500. Trying to get my 4wd to actuate, but I can't get power to the actuator. Looks like it might be going through the convience center.

under left side of dash ,i see the wiring you are talking about going thru it only ,,check owners manual for more info

Rob's right,do yourselves a favor,get ALLDATA.I did and love it...everything you'd need to know about your truck and if you have an old truck you'll use it often :lol:

BTW,there's a nice pic of the convenience center there :thumbs:

Edited by grampadirt