New ride - need some accessories!

Just got a new 2012 1500 Silverado 4dr Crew Cab, white diamond edition, all star edition, dark cashmere interior.

My first accessory will be a hood shield. I have been considering the AVS Aeroskin and the GM molded hood protector. Does anyone have opinions on either of these? Which one would be the best?

I have seen only a few pictures of the aeroskin, and from what I have seen they look amazing. If anyone has pics, please post.

A pic is attached.

post-113124-0-71448200-1334456023_thumb.jpg

3M hood protection films are the best for rock,salt, etc. They do not fade.

Molded chrome/black shields fade, scratch and make it hard to clean inbetween.

The 3m is expensive but it also goes on the front quarter panel as well (first 6 inches or so) and is less noticeable.

Don't forget the spray in bedliner. A must have, unless it's a grocery getter!

If you do get the protection film, don't cheat yourself. Get the 3M, the cheap brands fade and turn yellow. Would be really noticable against that nice white diamond.

Sent from my iPhone4S

using Tapatalk

Don't forget the spray in bedliner. A must have, unless it's a grocery getter!

If you do get the protection film, don't cheat yourself. Get the 3M, the cheap brands fade and turn yellow. Would be really noticable against that nice white diamond.

Sent from my iPhone4S

using Tapatalk

I agree the 3M film is amazing. I have it on my rear quarter panels. The rhino liner will be going in very soon. Always a must have.

weather tech digital fit floor mats, front and rear. Now, right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I suppose you could tape them to your hood also. But they are the best money I have spent on my truck so far. Although my are cap and husky storage box are very sweet.

Hud

weather tech digital fit floor mats, front and rear. Now, right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I suppose you could tape them to your hood also. But they are the best money I have spent on my truck so far. Although my are cap and husky storage box are very sweet.

Hud

Great pick on WeatherTech! That has been my first purchase. I love the digital fit, they go all the way under my rear seats. Best floor mats ever in my opinion!

Archived