Ok, need some opinions, advice, ideally some experience. I've been through many many mufflers ranging from "Wake the kids across the house when you start your truck in the morning" to "is that a stock muffler I just spent $150 on?". I now have my first new truck ever, a 2018 GMC sierra 1500 crew cab all terrain with the 6.2. I love the truck and I'm looking to do a custom exhaust only because of the look and not the sound (maybe 75/20 because this truck has no tone at all). You get the idea...I want it quiet.
The exhaust I want to build is a side exit, dual tip, before the right rear tire. I don't like the look of the Gibson setup and I'm concerned it would be way too loud anyways. I have a couple questions and would love thoughts and opinions.
1. How far forward can I go with a muffler without issues? If I do the corsa twin tip I'm going to need a lot of space due to the design of that particular tip (which I like a lot). Does moving the muffler towards the front effect sound at all?
2. If I want zero interior drone, what do you think about a big 22" magnaflow and right next to it weld in the factory rear resonator? That thing is straight through and if I had the room under there to do the pipework needed for the side exit, I would think that the combo could provide a little more V8 tone but tame it down considerably. I assume most of you will hate this idea but could it accomplish what I'm after?
I just bought my first newish truck, being the 2014 Silverado 2wd z71 lt. It’s got the crew cab with 5.3l under the hood. I’m currently stationed at ft Stewart ga.
Im just looking for some help or some advice on some upgrades I’d like to do to this truck and which products might be the best.
- I’d like to change the headlights and fog lights from stock.
- Put a leveling kit and some new (bigger) a/t tires on it and not sure what size being
- Change to an aftermarket air intake.
- Do something about the shitty stock speakers (without Bose). Wether it be new door speakers and sub(s). Or be just subs and have a separate amp just for door speakers. Do I need a processor to hook up to stock 8” head unit.
- How do I add any app or navigation to this stock 8” head unit
- How to get more performance from the truck.
Anything would help,
Hello everyone, welcome to my build thread! This thread will be updated as I go. If you have any questions and/or concerns, feel free to comment below or PM me. Thanks, I hope y’all like it!
At the same time, I’m also trying to find a fix to a lot of issues with the truck. Many that others are experiencing as well, and some that seem to be isolated, so stay tuned. I’d love to hear your solutions to common problems found on our trucks.
The story began when I brought her home on the night of January 3rd, 2017...
Current Mods (as of 04/08/2018):
- Black factory Bow Ties
- 20% Suntek Films tint on front windows
- 65% tint on windshield
- AuxBeam LED Low Beams, High Beams, and Fog Lights
- MHtech LED Reverse Bulbs
- MHtech LED Cargo Bulbs
- Flowmaster 40 Series Original + resonator Delete.
- Rear Wheel Valence delete
- Step Bar delete
- Front Valence Delete
- AIRAID MIT + K&N HIGH FLOW FILTER
- Hankook Ventus ST RH06 285/45/R22
- RGB LED Footwell lighting
- LED License plate bulbs
- 5% over 20% tint all around
- 45% Windshield tint
- Front Valence Delete
- Color Matched Bumpers
- New Generation Tow Mirrors
- Rear Window 3-Piece to Single-Piece conversion
- K&N cabin air filter
- Oil Catch Can
- CAI Enclosed Box
- Diablo inTune i3 (or Trinity)
- Rear Traction Bars
- High performance driveshaft
- 30” LED light bar behind grille
- LTZ Style Black projector headlights with clear turn signal lenses
- Audio Upgrade with a ported 10” subwoofer
- Escort Passport radar detector
- Blackvue front and rear dash cams
- 3.5” Lift Kit
- 20x12 -44 Fuel Maverick D610
- 305/50r20 Nitto 420s
- Running on Castrol High Performance Full Synthetic Oil
- Fueled with 93 Octane
Limitless Car Care (coupon code in signature)
- Waterless Wipe
- Swift Shine
- Gold Class Shampoo & Conditioner
- Hot Shine tire coating
- Interior Original Protectant
- Formula 88 Cleaner & Degreaser
- Lexol Leather cleaner and conditioner for my leather seats
Tools I Use
- Fasmov Foam Cannon
- Microfiber Sponge and Towels
- Leaf Blower followed by a microfiber dry
Congratulations on making it this far, I’m proud of you. LOL.
I purchased these headers about a year ago and before I could get them installed started having issues with my 2016 Sierra and didnt want to give GM any reason to deny my powertrain claim. I have since had those issues resolved but decided to go a different route with my truck and thus these are for sale. Asking $750 obo plus the ride. Motivated seller as I would like to finish my G8. Thanks. These will fit both the 5.3 and 6.2 of the below listed vehicles. Note if you have the 6.2 you will have to expand the ball at the end of the connection pipe to fit. Thanks again.
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Most OnlineNewest Member
Who's Online 110 Members, 0 Anonymous, 402 Guests (See full list)
- Bayou Blues
- Michael Schimborski
- Jonny Quest
- Paul Wojcicki
- Billy Smart
- David in WXW
- Scott Fish
- mn camper guy
- 99 2500