What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

My son broke the faucet to the guest bathroom shower, last night. (OK, it broke when he was turning it off.) So, after work, this morning, I had to make a Home Depot (Tehachapi) run (grabbed a few other project needs while I was there), stopped at Love's Truck Stop (also in Tehachapi) for a CB antenna need, stopped by Jim's CB Shop/Radio Shack (Mojave, he's closing his doors after 45 years of service, CLEARANCE SALE!!!!, will officially close on 20 Oct), and rolled home to treat the spa, fix the shower, and put my CB officially together for use TONIGHT. (FINALLY!!!!) Tomorrow, I will wrap my CB & scanner in black foam, to keep CRAP from falling down around them.

Did a power steering service yesterday.

Got an online coupon from Advance Auto. 1 gallon of power steering fluid for the price of 2 quarts. Was going into town anyway so picked up the gallon of PS fluid.

Jacked up front of truck, put on stands.

Sucked old fluid out of power steering reservoir.

Removed low pressure return line to power steering pump. Adapted a length of hose to return line so it would reach drain pan.

Turned steering wheel several times lock to lock to remove old PS fluid.

Reattach low pressure PS line to reservoir.

Fill reservoir.

Turn wheels lock to lock several times to fill system with PS fluid.

Top off reservoir.

Start truck and turn wheels lock to lock.

Check PS fluid level and top off.

:happysad:

So far on this beautiful day, today I've sold and programmed a GM#15252034 FOB to a 2008 Cobalt and repaired and sold one of the same for a 2010 Malibu. Cut some lawn and changed an H11 bulb on the wife's G6, what a pain. This afternoon I have a cluster repair and an other Caravan FOB repair to do. Good day so far!!! Already 24°C ( 75°F ) and not a cloud in the sky.

Yeah I’ve done that on a 2009 G6. Hope I never have to again

My son broke the faucet to the guest bathroom shower, last night. (OK, it broke when he was turning it off.) So, after work, this morning, I had to make a Home Depot (Tehachapi) run (grabbed a few other project needs while I was there), stopped at Love's Truck Stop (also in Tehachapi) for a CB antenna need, stopped by Jim's CB Shop/Radio Shack (Mojave, he's closing his doors after 45 years of service, CLEARANCE SALE!!!!, will officially close on 20 Oct), and rolled home to treat the spa, fix the shower, and put my CB officially together for use TONIGHT. (FINALLY!!!!) Tomorrow, I will wrap my CB & scanner in black foam, to keep CRAP from falling down around them.

Are you from tehachapi? Did my concealed class there. Currently applying for jobs on Edwards and may move somewhere closer. Just can’t leave Kern County without risking my CCW.

Are you from tehachapi? Did my concealed class there. Currently applying for jobs on Edwards and may move somewhere closer. Just can’t leave Kern County without risking my CCW.

I'm a Navy brat, born/raised in San Diego. Joined/retired USAF, 91-13. Live near Edwards, been assigned here twice on active duty, 96-99 & 04-current. Once you have your CCW, you're good, just easiest to acquire in Kern.

• Like 1

I'm a Navy brat, born/raised in San Diego. Joined/retired USAF, 91-13. Live near Edwards, been assigned here twice on active duty, 96-99 & 04-current. Once you have your CCW, you're good, just easiest to acquire in Kern.

I have 10 pt preference with federal jobs so i am looking on Edwards. I may not be able to renew my ccw in day LA County.

I was stationed on Eglin for 3 years

• Like 1