What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

Nicely done!

Hood is primed, on, they got it lined up spot on. Rocker is straight, fender is straight, he's just waiting for paint, which should commence today.

Poor guy looks forlorn with no front end. Dropped off my new LF headlight, so I'll have a spotless front end when all is said and done.

Got a 17 Ram Laramie as a rental. Not sure if it's just me or what, but that thing is pretty Spartan feeling compared to Clyde.

Back to the dealer again! This time to exchange the GM in channel wind deflectors. After installing the deflectors I noticed wind noise on the drivers side that I couldn't resolve. Determined the driver side deflector was "loose" in the channel but passenger side was a snug fit. Pulled them out and compared, the drivers side is about 5/16" shorter. No wonder it's loose and leaks air. Really hoping it won't be a hassle to exchange, then of course they won't be in stock so it'll be another two weeks waiting.

Detail day

Not bad for almost 8 yrs 75K miles

e4fb8d943ec8f17e5e973366b5667d62.jpg

d55038df81e99bce85722845bf21529a.jpg

3b21830381ed57e5260bf95976174036.jpg

Needs to be clayed especially on the rear

f9619a0192a57a5997d28d716dfb3cdd.jpg

Ryan B.

Edited by RyanbabZ71
  • Like 5

Probably just the angle of the picture but it looks like your spare tire is hanging loose.

Are those chips in the paint behind the rear tires? Mine was absolutely horrible when I traded my truck in. I didn't have mud flaps and I think that and a few times of doing smoky burnouts really chipped the paint. I'm definitely leaving my flaps on my current ride.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Edited by michigan2500hd

Installed a Aeroskin deflector on my '15 today. I haven't decided if I like the look yet. Hopefully it helps with deflecting a decent percent of the nasty little buggers over the windshield though. I'm sure a higher profile one would do a better job.

Makes me think the front end needs a good looking brush guard or bull bar.

090bc3c30fdc8a690bda23dcad0582e5.jpg

Edited by michigan2500hd

Well, got my new exhaust setup installed. Borla XR1 muffler and got it dumped after the rear axle with a 5" tip. I like the setup, solid deep tone. I like it, it's a little louder then expected due to the drone. The gf hates it, haha. Might go down just step, but I'll see how it goes.

b1cbc4816ffe7b9c9f7efd1ea15f2528.jpg63757dee21ffd7f8e5db6526e3f772e9.jpg553b98329ea09e6cc60f18a7f850ff51.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Probably just the angle of the picture but it looks like your spare tire is hanging loose.

Are those chips in the paint behind the rear tires? Mine was absolutely horrible when I traded my truck in. I didn't have mud flaps and I think that and a few times of doing smoky burnouts really chipped the paint. I'm definitely leaving my flaps on my current ride.

Spare tire is fine

A few chips but mainly Tar

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Changed headlight bulbs and since I had the airbox out I blew that out and cleaned the filter a little. Really miss how easy it was to change bulbs on my '06 and '01. More complicated and I have to do it more often, go figure.

• Like 1

I didn't have flaps on mine for one winter in New England and boy did the paint get chowdered up behind the tires. Flaps will be on all my trucks.

When mine was still new, I noticed the chipping after just 1k miles on the clock! Bought a set of plastic GM flaps not long afterward.

Crappiest paint I've ever seen. Chips if you look at it crosseyed ...

• Like 1

Spare tire is fine

A few chips but mainly Tar

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What have you done to keep the rust away? I see a lot of the 900's around here now with rusted out bed sides.

When mine was still new, I noticed the chipping after just 1k miles on the clock! Bought a set of plastic GM flaps not long afterward.

Crappiest paint I've ever seen. Chips if you look at it crosseyed ...

Totally agree with this. As far as chips go the paint on my 2006 with 246k miles looks better than the paint on my 2014 Cruze with 50k miles. That's no joke either. This new paint is terrible.

Edited by Daryl Z71
  • Like 1