What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

Took the truck to get balanced again. This time had it road force balanced. They said one was at 24 and the rest were under 20 so I guess they're fine. Not sure if it actually fixed anything, I'll find out when I hit the highway to work tonight since I couldn't even get up to 45mph on the way home. Certainly doesn't help not being able to find a smooth road. I also need to find an anti-hitch rattle device. Bought a blue ox one made for 2.5" receivers but I guess my Draw-Tite's lip on the receiver is too thick and then the bolts didn't want to fit over the shaft w/o some hammering and paint gouging. Maybe I'll get ambitious and hammer some wheel weights into the space. Might be easier to just flatten out some of my cast bullets and wedge those in there. I'll figure something out one day. Truck needs a bath again too.

Dealer actually had 4 duallies there today. 3 Denalis and a LTZ so thankfully over equipped and priced for what I want to pay.

Edited by Chevyguy85

My rear doors look similar, except mine doesn't wash off - it's all scratched up from jamming 10'L x 18"W foldable ramps back there whenever I pickup a dead lawn tractor. When folded in half, they only fit diagonally, so I have to jam the passenger seat all the way forward. They did a number on the plastic ...

I've been waiting 5 years to lose spark from the distributor on my 92 Chevy p/u. I was lucky it happened in my driveway. So off comes the throttle body on the back of the blower so l can get to it. Sure enough a rusty mess inside. Thinking of pulling the whipple and being happy with just a stroker that's easy to work on. Its going to be slow going any way, it's just too hot. I usually do all my work in the winter.

Yesterday, I grabbed a pair of diodes for my Puddle Lights mod (Anyone in the Antelope Valley need one?) and a 1/4"-28x1/2" bolt & 1/4"-28 nut to finish my antenna mod (right now, it's only "antenna delete."). Hope to finish it up by tomorrow morning and post pictures.

Yesterday, I grabbed a pair of diodes for my Puddle Lights mod (Anyone in the Antelope Valley need one?) and a 1/4"-28x1/2" bolt & 1/4"-28 nut to finish my antenna mod (right now, it's only "antenna delete."). Hope to finish it up by tomorrow morning and post pictures.

What else you got that is worth the hour drive?

Nothing for our trucks. We make the hour drive out that way from time to time.

Last time I was in Lancaster I was delivering Amsoil

• Like 1

I still get mailings monthly for the recall. They aren't hacking up my switchblade keys. I have called and twittered GM to take me off the list I am not having this "fixed". Just because one idiot doesn't know how to drive and hit it with their knee doesn't mean it's a widespread problem

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly. From what I've heard the only issues were with the Cobalt's and G5's anyway, and that's only because they're built cheap so doing it to every other vehicle is over reacting. After dealing with the wife's Cobalt for about two years it wasn't hard to realize how cheap the damn thing was.

That SUCKS Dan - sorry to hear that. I friggin HATE thieves! :mad: