What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

We have two Rams at work, they suck. They can't handle the weight the Chevy's and Fords can. We can't even use them when we do the big, 4x6 and up, safety valves, they squat to the point of rubbing. The dial shifter is not and never will be a legal requirement like a seat belt, so no need to ever get use to it.

All of this sucks, because I like everything else about the Ram.

The point was most people's responses were seat belts were for sissies when it became law. Lots of people hooked them up behind them. Most people will like the idea of opening up space with buttons and dials for putting the vehicles in gear. Most vehicles shift in the sweet spot at wide open throttle, no real need manually holding gears anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^ I need to make a screen/grill for my transmission hole.

Today I loaded up a couple 2x4x8' boards, a sheet of plywood, and my buddy's kayak to take down to his new house and also see the house finally. Family is in town, one went to get in the front passenger door and the damn thing wouldn't open. So now I have to figure out how to get inside a closed door. Can't pull the door panel all the way off when the door is closed. My buddy thinks it's one of the plastic tabs for the mechanism. Also my passenger rear door was full of water again. This thing needs to last at least until the HD redesign comes out but the way it's going lately I'm not so sure.

Sent from my Find7 using Tapatalk

Spent a couple hours trying to figure out wtf was wrong with my passenger door and how the heck I was going to shove my hand into the door when I only had so much room from not being able to take the door panel all the way off. Took the driver's side door so I could look and feel how the mechanism worked only to remember I had my old door lock actuator that I'd replaced a couple months back. I have no clue what I did but as far as I could tell everything was working, the dang thing just didn't want to open. It randomly opened I have zero idea other than this replacement door lock actuator is bad somehow. I also cleaned the floor mats, vacuumed a little, and got a few layers of work nastiness off the driver's seat and center console lid.

Anyone know a good place to get the door panel retention clip things from? I boogered a couple of them on the two front doors.

Until Dodge gets rid of the fairy knob, they use to shift the trans, they won't be on my radar.

36134423590_72fa241d12.jpg

Better get used to the knob, son. GM and other manufacturers are headed that way and no amount of crying over it or threatening to go to another brand will change their minds.

I don't care if it'll change their minds, I'll just go to another brand. Or it'll just be the last 1/2 ton I buy. Because at least even Ram hasn't ****ed up the 3/4 ton yet. And don't call me son, my father would never tell me to roll over and take it up the ass.

• Like 1

I don't care if it'll change their minds, I'll just go to another brand. Or it'll just be the last 1/2 ton I buy. Because at least even Ram hasn't ****ed up the 3/4 ton yet. And don't call me son, my father would never tell me to roll over and take it up the ass.

<sigh> Get used to it, SON.

Drove out to KSC to watch the rocket launch. Aunt and uncle bought launch tickets, first time being that close to a launch. Before I always just walked out in front of my house to watch launches. I've put a few hundred miles on it this week driving back and forth to Melbourne to help my cousin move into FIT. Tonight dropped the truck off at the dealer so they can hopefully tell me why the hell it keeps shaking. I got a Yukon as a loaner.

Sent from my Find7 using Tapatalk

2f9e356b39c2cae3cd2901d79848b9ed.jpg

Edited by Chevyguy85