What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

Ahhh, I see what they (GM) did there ...

Transmission thermostat: so, in cold weather, the trans will never benefit from extended cold running. Less transmission life.

No service data in owners manual & no dipstick: in other words, they don't want owners maintaining ANYTHING on this vehicle (like Ford and Fiat/Chrysler). No dip stick, so everyone will think it's a miracle transmission that never needs servicing ... as it grenades at 100k, well out of warranty. Less transmission life.

Starting to think the big 3, since they jointly designed the new transmissions, are each getting a cut from new transmission sales. I bet they'll build a ton of them price them high, knowing that 98% of owners will never touch them, and the clutches will be turned to sawdust in 100k or less. Nice racket. :nonod:

Surprised the '17 mentioned anything about servicing it at all, severe or not. Maybe they've got enough complaints from buyers and are finally going to listen to them? Wouldn't that be a miracle ... [emoji38]

As far as I know, Ford and Dodge consider them completely unserviceable - when there's a problem, you replace the entire transmission. I've noticed every new vehicle I've looked under the hood on has no tranny dipstick.

Next automotive brainstorm: no engine oil dipstick ... :uhoh: Mark my words!

There is a dipstick though on these trucks

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Oh, I thought they were the same 6-speeds they put in the Fords - those are considered "unserviceable". You're lucky you got a good one!

Can still be done on those ones without the stick, but a lift makes the process 300% easier.

Edited by Jsdirt

I finally got around to changing out my windshield washer tank. It had a small leak that was starting to get worse. Sucked having to take the battery out and all that crap but it was done in an hour.

I also washed it. Still looking good after 16 years.