• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#16 michael-a

michael-a

Enthusiast

• 164 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:46 AM

@ =v8-only=

Thanks for the link, I thought my noises were fixed but they came back - looks like the rubber washers will do the trick.

#17 mferry22

mferry22

Enthusiast

• 65 posts
  • Name:Martin
  • Drives:2011 chevy silverado 6.2L Nht package

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:47 PM

Got my truck back today and no noises but its been raining here for a while so I don't know yet if its fixed. They said they lubed up both leaf springs and tightened everything down,we'll see what happens. On another note the dealers service dept. has been great, they gave me a hybrid tahoe to take on vacation and would not give up until they found out what the problem was. They have always been very good to me.

#18 mferry22

mferry22

Enthusiast

• 65 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:26 PM

Truck is still making the knocking noise when I go slow over bumps but the squeaking/creaking noise is gone , for now.

#19 GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service

Verified GM Employee

• 1,170 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:14 AM

Have you been in contact with customer assistance? I would be happy to assist you as well. Please contact me privately with more information including the last eight of your VIN and dealer name. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
>>>>>> Please check out the new GM Owner Center at https://my.gm.com/ for more vehicle information!

#20 mferry22

mferry22

Enthusiast

• 65 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:59 PM

Dropped my truck off yesterday again for the knocking noise in the rear end. I took the service manager for a ride and he herd the noise that two mechanics and a service writer couldnt hear. Manager called today said my truck was all set. He told me the noise is normal in these trucks and suv's. He said there is play in the axel and mentioned c-clips in the rear differential and all GM trucks and SUV's have this play in the axel and thats the noise Im hearing. I have owned 3 different chevy trucks since 2003, Ive driven at least 5 different tahoes or suburbans for extended periods of time and not one of those trucks made this noise. My truck now is one year old with @ 20,000 miles and didnt make this noise until a few weeks ago. I was wondering if anyone else out there is having this issue and if it really is normal. Im going to try a different dealership next week but this whole issue is starting to get annoying.

#21 ruggedlife

ruggedlife

Enthusiast

• 844 posts
  • Drives:2012 Silverado 1500

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:37 PM

i do believe there is a TSB out for c-clips in the rear axle. not sure if you qualify but it's worth looking into

#22 Foghorn14

Foghorn14

GM-trucks.com member since 2002

• 948 posts
  • Drives:2014 Crew 4x4 Silverado LT

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:45 PM

i do believe there is a TSB out for c-clips in the rear axle. not sure if you qualify but it's worth looking into

Anyone have a link to this tsb?

th_366CD342-BA8B-4067-B0C9-E731DC432BFE_
2014 Crew 4x4 5.3 L Deep Ruby Red Metallic
GM Bedliner/Window tint/AVS Ventvisors
GM side steps

#23 ruggedlife

ruggedlife

Enthusiast

• 844 posts
  • Drives:2012 Silverado 1500

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:49 PM

here i found this with the numbers of some stuff, i also see a few for rear clunks http://www.alldatadi...1/1111aTkk.html

#24 mferry22

mferry22

Enthusiast

• 65 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

the creaking/ squeaking is back.

#25 jBlaze3000

jBlaze3000

Enthusiast

• 96 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:27 PM

When I was 16 and got my first pickup it had nerf bars on it that were a little rusted so I took them off. About a week later I noticed that my bed would actually shift about an inch when I would turn sharply. I would then purposely turn hard in the other direction to even it out (I got to be pretty good at it). After a while it occurred to me that the "mounting hardware" that fastened the nerf bars to my truck was also the hardware that fastened my bed and cab to the frame. Luckily I kept the bolts...

#26 mferry22

mferry22

Enthusiast

• 65 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:52 AM

Well the squeaking/creaking is back and worse than ever along with the thumping in the rear end. Im going to try a different dealership tomorrow and see if they can figure this out. I cant believe the first dealer said this thumping, knocking noise was normal. If it was GM wouldnt sell many trucks and everybody would be complaining about it. The noise is very noticable and seems to be getting worse.

#27 Robert1

Robert1

Enthusiast

• 34 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:37 AM

Did you or the dealer inspect and tighten all of the bolts that secure the bed to the frame?

#28 mferry22

mferry22

Enthusiast

• 65 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:17 AM

The dealer said they inspected and tightened everything under there but who knows. Last time it went to the dealer they said they tightened the bolts that hold on the leaf springs and it seemed to quiet the knocking noise for a day or two. Its going back today.

#29 Robert1

Robert1

Enthusiast

• 34 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:23 PM

The dealer said they inspected and tightened everything under there but who knows. Last time it went to the dealer they said they tightened the bolts that hold on the leaf springs and it seemed to quiet the knocking noise for a day or two. Its going back today.

I can understand your frustration. Good luck.

#30 mferry22

mferry22

Enthusiast

• 65 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:48 PM

Well I got my truck back from a different dealer and both noises are still there. They said they had to adjust the shackle that holds the leaf springs to the truck and after they did the noise stopped. As soon as I got home and pulled in my driveway it started thumping and squeaking. I know the squeaking is just an annoyance but the thumping has to be something not normal or am I wrong? Does anyone's truck make a thumping noise in the rearend when going less than 10mph and going over bumps at an angle? I am tired of dealing with this and dont even want to drive my truck any more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users