LTZ center console to jump seat conversion

Hello everyone,

With the though of having a 4th child, I can't bring myself to trading in my truck for an LT of the same setup. (minus the options not available when you compare the LTZ to the LT, like nav, dvd and sunroof.) I'm not worried about the trade difference because I have depreciated it more that the trade offer so on paper that doesn't matter, I just like my truck to darn much to give it up.

Soooooo, If we do need a 6 seat pickup, I feel I should get a jump seat from a salvage yard or the dealer if I can't find a used one. Anyway, what is in my console now that needs to be relocated so I can install the jump seat and not have wires and what ever else just laying on the floor?

I see the Tahoe LS can be ordered with this configuration, but they don't have the radio stuff so that is why I am inquiring with others that hopefully have done it.

A child in a lap belt is a bad idea, but I never said such a thing. My wife would sit in the middle if we had a full house for some reason and it is perfectly safe and legal to have a child in the passenger seat with the air bag off, in a car seat or booster.

I think its rather amusing that you guys just jumped at the chance to make me look bad, real classy! :thumbs:

And if someone wanted to use that spot for a child, it is safe and legal to install a forward facing car seat with a 5 point harness with the lap belt as long as there is no freeplay in the lapbelt when 2x the childs weight is applied to the seat of the car seat.

I haven't been around here in awhile, and I have to say this wasn't exactly a warm welcome. :tear:

Hello everyone,

With the though of having a 4th child, I can't bring myself to trading in my truck for an LT of the same setup. (minus the options not available when you compare the LTZ to the LT, like nav, dvd and sunroof.) I'm not worried about the trade difference because I have depreciated it more that the trade offer so on paper that doesn't matter, I just like my truck to darn much to give it up.

Soooooo, If we do need a 6 seat pickup, I feel I should get a jump seat from a salvage yard or the dealer if I can't find a used one. Anyway, what is in my console now that needs to be relocated so I can install the jump seat and not have wires and what ever else just laying on the floor?

I see the Tahoe LS can be ordered with this configuration, but they don't have the radio stuff so that is why I am inquiring with others that hopefully have done it.

If you get the centre seat from the midline truck (on a Sierra that is SLE) it comes with some storage under the seat as well. Doubt it would be of much use for the sub itself, but should be enough for the BOSE amp. You may be able to locate the sub under the rear seat with some custom cabinet. Not sure which LTZ you are taking about though, there maybe some space behind the rear seat in the 2500 HD you have.

Is the amp just for the sub? Or is it in a remote location for some reason and runs the whole stereo? If it is just for the sub, can't I just remove it or relocate it like mentioned above?

I am referring to my 2500, not the other ones.

I would never totally trust the passenger sensor to disable an airbag with a kid up front. If you're planning to add to the family do it smart and get a vehicle that can safely carry everyone. Lap belts are worthless in a crash, I don't know why GM couldn't do a full belt like Ford.

And if you reply like a smartass, no one will feel bad for jumping on you about putting a kid up front, which is stupid regardless of what the law says.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That Bose amp runs all speakers. You would be adding a fair amount of wire, but it could be moved under the back seat along with the sub. This could end up being more of a PITA than it seems. JMHO, but I see you have a 'Burb, and if I were in a similar situation, I'd skip the hassle and cost of this and just drive that. Kids are expensive enough to raise these days as it is!

I think its rather amusing that you guys just jumped at the chance to make me look bad, real classy! :thumbs:

No one jumped at you just made some safety statements and gave some opinions (this is the internet and you have to understand people will give their opinions). Even if the airbag sensor is turned off do the front seat (sides) airbags also turn off? There is a ton of data that the safest place for a child is in the backseat.

If you are still interested in the jump seat idea.. PM me i have a ebony(black) cloth jump seat just like the one you are talking about.. It is in great condition maybe we could work out a great deal.. .. Oh yeah just a side note.. I will have the black leather for it too.. I am getting roadwire leather installed next week ..

4a3292cb-a609-b57c.jpg..

• 1 year later...

Yes. If you don't have the Bose system then it is as easy as removing the console and bolting In a jump seat with seat belt. Only problem is GM never offered a 6 passenger seating option with the LTZ / SLT dash. This is because the center of the dash is low and pushed out (radio, AC, controls) take a look at the lt / sle dash vs LTZ SLT dash and you will see what I mean.

The jump seat will fit but there will be little to no leg room for the center seat person.

The new 2014 trucks offer 6 passenger seating on all trims because there is only 1 dash available and its placed higher in the trick vs the 2007 - 2013 LTZ/SLT dash that was placed rather low in the vehicle.

Yes. If you don't have the Bose system then it is as easy as removing the console and bolting In a jump seat with seat belt. Only problem is GM never offered a 6 passenger seating option with the LTZ / SLT dash. This is because the center of the dash is low and pushed out (radio, AC, controls) take a look at the lt / sle dash vs LTZ SLT dash and you will see what I mean.

The jump seat will fit but there will be little to no leg room for the center seat person.

The new 2014 trucks offer 6 passenger seating on all trims because there is only 1 dash available and its placed higher in the trick vs the 2007 - 2013 LTZ/SLT dash that was placed rather low in the vehicle.

Suv's have the same dash as LTZ and have 6 pass seating

Sent from my Samsung GS4 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Suv's have the same dash as LTZ and have 6 pass seatingSent from my Samsung GS4 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Hmmmm, then why the hell was 6 passenger seating never offered on the LTZ trucks?

Archived