There are two different vehicles, not one with multiple wheels, I already pointed that out. As for why the bowtie emblems on the wheels, they aren't as noticeable as the grill probably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Putting Bowties on the wheels just seems off to me. Why do that if you want people to think it's something else?

Why would bowties be wired? It's a Chevy.

Spy shots are worth HUGE money to automotive magazines and websites and manufacturers go to great lengths to conceal new models until their official unveiling.

That's why it would be weird. If it is a Tahoe, they put a freakin' Ford grille on it to try and conceal it's identity. Sooo why show wheels with bowties on them in some shots and have different wheels on it in others?

because some people will say look at the wheels its a chevy and others look at the grille its a ford.

while others will say look at the wheel wells....theyre square...its a chevy.

Putting Bowties on the wheels just seems off to me. Why do that if you want people to think it's something else?

Spy shots are worth HUGE money to automotive magazines and websites and manufacturers go to great lengths to conceal new models until their official unveiling.

That's why it would be weird. If it is a Tahoe, they put a freakin' Ford grille on it to try and conceal it's identity. Sooo why show wheels with bowties on them in some shots and have different wheels on it in others?

because some people will say look at the wheels its a chevy and others look at the grille its a ford.

while others will say look at the wheel wells....theyre square...its a chevy.

Whatever it is, the camoflage is obviously working on us.

This simplest way to tell this is a GM truck and not a ford product is the rear axle. Expeditions have IRS, this truck clearly has a solid rear axle, hence it is a Chey/GMC product.

C'mon guys, somebody should have figured this out by now :rolleyes:

:D

It lacks state of the art drum brakes on the rear so it must be a Ford. :ughdance:

I still don't see what the gripe is with Drum brakes? They worked fine for me on both of my 05 and 09 trucks... :dunno:

It lacks state of the art drum brakes on the rear so it must be a Ford. :ughdance:

I still don't see what the gripe is with Drum brakes? They worked fine for me on both of my 05 and 09 trucks... :dunno:

He is always griping about something, never nothing good to say.

• 2 weeks later...

Wish they could pull a camaro and do retrostyled Sub/Tah At least they would be trying then.

This really looks like a letdown, regardless of the look of the body.

Plastic bumpers, again...

This isn't a bumper car, go steel.

The massive lip on the front and back, it's like their trying to make a lowrider, what happened to clearance angle? At this point just make it front wheel drive and uniframe They are definately trying to pull an explorer here.

This is really an embarrisment this isn't a true SUV anymore, the dying breed is done.

I'm sure they'll make the the sheetmetal just as thin as the crap out now, the interior just as cheap, and the good rims they'll only make for low profile tires.

Also don't see the problem with drum brakes, they've worked fine this long, they'll be fine for the future.

It stuns me people are actually buying all this plastic garbage, I'm stuck on the 800's at least until something decent comes out, which doesn't appear to be soon.

You won't see bumpers like on older trucks. Between fuel economy regs, style requirements and the fact trucks are exempt from the (weak) 2.5 mph standard they have no incentive to anymore. I really don't care, I don't hit crap and if someone hits me, that's why there is insurance. The air dams are what everyone has these days, again fuel economy is top priority until someone in DC can do something better than the worthless CAFE laws.

my wheels have bowties on them .

• 9 months later...

Hello, It would be nice to see a 2 door Tahoe again, it started with a 2 door Blazer in 1969 and ended with a 2 door Tahoe in 1999, am I the only one who would like to see a 2 door Tahoe again?

1972 Blazer

1970 Blazer

1996 Tahoe 4 door

Ron

I like them too but two door SUVs are a low-selling niche market. We'll likely never see a two door Tahoe just like the Ford guys won't ever get a Bronco again.

Hello, It would be nice to see a 2 door Tahoe again, it started with a 2 door Blazer in 1969 and ended with a 2 door Tahoe in 1999, am I the only one who would like to see a 2 door Tahoe again?

1972 Blazer

1970 Blazer

1996 Tahoe 4 door

Ron

That is definitely something they should bring back. Even if it only sold a few thousand units per year, it is market share they likely other wise would not have. But they would also have to inform dealers of its availability & not complicate things. That being said, there are still GMC dealers out there that will swear the only way you can get a 6.2L in a Sierra is the Denali trim.

Archived