Changing chime volume w/ aftermarket radio?

Turn this thing down!

The 2005 crew cab I just bought has a Panasonic CG-C7105U in place of the factory bose system. I would like to put the factory system back in there if anyone knows of a working Bose unit.

The chime volume is really loud and I would like to turn it down. I could not find it in the manual from Panasonic. The truck manual says it is in the Bose unit & is disabled when an aftermarket unit is installed. Obviously, the current radio does it, but I can't find it. Help me out audiophiles.

Thank you,

Babyhauler

I forgot to mention that you will probably be looking for a small black plastic box with some connector harnesses going in and out of it. The factory wiring will plug into one side and the aftermarket harness will plug into the other side. The adjustment should be a small screw that will have an access hole going to it.

My guess would be that it is mounted behind the aftermarket radio in the dash or behind the glovebox.

Happy hunting!

Thanks for the replies,

Quiet as a mouse now. No chime, no radio, nothing. !@%*#!!.

I had to pull the radio and at some point the power wire pulled from it's crimp joint. I don't know what happened,

but it will not power up now. I do not think it locks like a factory radio. Must have blown a fuse somewhere. I have not checked the underhood fuse box yet. I just remembered that box.

I found a chime box with a small harness plugged into it. The harness from the radio had a gray connector that the factory wires plugged into, but no adj screw or hole for one.

You never know what you get following behind someone else's work.

No big deal. I'll take it to my radio guy tomorrow.

Thank you,

Babyhauler

If there is no adjustment, get your radio guy to put type of rheostat in to control volume. When I first added in sub/amp/line-out converters/new speakers, the chimes were very loud as well. Once I went to OGM1 and used the rca outs, no problem with volume of chimes. Did notice however, that the volume is static, if you play the cd loud, you cannot hear chimes.

Thanks guys,

I opened the chime box and on the circuit board is a circuit labeled "cut to lower volume" I did & it did.

post-39650-0-92417000-1343705364_thumb.jpg

Now the warning to remove the radio faceplate needs to be quite. It sounds like it uses the speakers.

Babyhauler

Archived