Installed the DIC

When I first got my truck I was disappointed that it didn't come with the DIC. Yesterday I finally installed one in my truck and couldn't be happier. I bought it from Number 1 GM Parts on ebay for $73.99 with free shipping. The install was pretty darn easy the hardest part was getting the headlight switch out of the old panel. I used this page http://gmt900.wrath.org/dic.htm for instructions. Now What the hell am I supposed to do with the old panel?

Some pics

gallery_85316_1858_1258040.jpg

gallery_85316_1858_810919.jpg

gallery_85316_1858_128789.jpg

gallery_85316_1858_878593.jpg

My 2010 RCLB v6 drank the gas.... it loved it... keep them completely stock and drive very easy... they do really well, but I was always giving it that extra gas to get it going a little quicker and that's where you lose.

Best Mod out there for sure! Love mine. A little off topic but I am pretty surprised at your 14.7MPG. I thought those 6's did a little better?

I hardly do any highway driving so that's what kills my mpg's luckily I have a very short commute I usually only have to fill up every 2.5 to 3 weeks.

Wow, that looks original. You did a good job. Sell the old panel on eBay.

Karl

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

My old panel sat on eBay for about a month, not a single look. That upgrade is a nice feature to add.

I am looking into adding this to my truck but i am a little gun shy. The last 2 times i did anything electrical in my old colorado where a complete horror show. Is this merrly plug and play? Do i need to worry about anything getting screwed up? These may seem like silly questions but my last experiences where just god awful.

Pop the panel to the left of the steerrng wheel off. The one with the light selector. There should be a wire behind it not connected to anything. All you need to do is order the kit, it comes with the panel and the buttons for the DIC. You just unclick the light selector buttons from the old panel and unplug them, then click them into the new panel, plug them in. Do the same with the DIC buttons an put the panel back on. No splicing of wires, no tools are really required, maybe a flat head. That's it.

Archived