Blackbear Auto-cal - worth every penny!

Raymond Lowe

I was having some issues with my other tune and decided to give the Auto-cal a try. This is where you buy the little processor, log data as you drive, send in the log file along with files of the stock tune, and then get a custom tune based on that data. You can even send in more logged data after you run the new tune for a little while to get Justin to check things over. And this is the only way to tune a 6-speed 6L80 transmission along with the engine ECM. You actually get two seperate tune files. One for the engine, one for the tranny.

I can tell you, this is as good as it gets. I can believe how smooth and powerful this truck is now. Light throttle, heavy throttle, doesn't matter - it's so impressive when taking off and it shifts incredible. This should be at the top of your wish list, before you blow coin on rubber, wheels, and other goodies.

http://www.blackbearperformance.com/autocal.asp

RaymondT

2008 Sierra Denali 6.2 6-speed. Now w/Blackbear Performance Auto-cal

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and BBP has ome of the best customer service Ive seen.

Really? If so, That's a huge change from a year ago when I dealt with them. I waited over a week for a response from every email that I sent them

Love the tuning part of things... but the customer service part im not so sure about, Im going on 3 months and still dont have the tranny file in the truck!

I was having trouble with the auto cal from day one and still dont have it figured out..once i finally got the tranny file from email to the autocal it gave me an error code when i tried to install in the truck.. Ive been emailing and trying to get some help and no luck.

Sometimes its nice to be able to speak with someone on the phone, and no one can do that with this company. If justin could spend 5 mins on the phone with me to explain things and help me get it figured out..i wouldnt have to bother him again!

Also as far as emails go...even high school kids have smart phones that get emails.. So why cant the company recieve the emails and have someone in " CUSTOMER SERVICE" respond and help.. we all understand that justin in the crew are busy but so are we and just want help when we need it... There was no delay when it came to collecting my money!

At the same time.. ive probably sent 5 customers there way because i was happy with my initial results.. And am constantly talking people out of shitty hand held tuners, and sending them blacbears way... Now im questioning my self..because i cant even get my own truck straightened out..

Im in business almost 10 yrs and am there for my customers need me! Ive NEVER met anyone to busy that they couldnt spend 5-10 mins on the phone to help a customer!

Ron, our last communication was an email that I sent you on August 14th asking you what 17 files the AutoCal was copying with it. If you do not reply to an email that I send and I don't hear from you again, the assumption is that you figured it out. My previous email to you was on July 29th saying that we could find some time the following week to set something up and I didn't hear from you til August 11th.

In terms of usage, you have access to the same instructions that all 1000+ other AutoCal customers have. In addition to that, I've connected personally to your PC on multiple occasions (which only 1% of customers have needed) to copy the files for you and have showed you how it is done alongside those instructions.

I receive literally hundreds of emails every single day. If even 5% of that was on the phone, then ZERO work would be completed and that backlog of emails and tunes to be completed would get longer and longer. In my situation, we are talking about a customer's engine or transmission here that requires focus and attention to ensure that there will not be damage. I understand your position, but aside from being another small business, our two situations have little in common.

Ok, well if im only 1-5% of the 1000,s of customers you have that need assitance I must just be not as computer freindly as i thought.. others have commented on here that they wished there was someone to speak with when they had trouble..On one hand i just want to get the truck final tuned and just sell this autocal, but i have other vehicles that i want you to look at..

Again it goes back to 5 mins on the phone...If we were able to speak and i could make notes i wouldnt have to trouble you again with problems..

You get a great job and the truck is running very well, i just would like to get the trans file in and see how it is...Maybe log data for you to review and make adjustments if need be.

Sorry again for being a pain, just anxious to feel the difference in trans.. I will continue to push work/customers your way.

I got what!!

I think Ron just got p0wned.

:)

That is not at all my intention, I just want to make clear that he hasn't been left high and dry, just as I've not left anybody high and dry.

Ok, well if im only 1-5% of the 1000,s of customers you have that need assitance I must just be not as computer freindly as i thought.. others have commented on here that they wished there was someone to speak with when they had trouble..On one hand i just want to get the truck final tuned and just sell this autocal, but i have other vehicles that i want you to look at..

Again it goes back to 5 mins on the phone...If we were able to speak and i could make notes i wouldnt have to trouble you again with problems..

You get a great job and the truck is running very well, i just would like to get the trans file in and see how it is...Maybe log data for you to review and make adjustments if need be.

Sorry again for being a pain, just anxious to feel the difference in trans.. I will continue to push work/customers your way.

If a picture is worth 1000 words and I not only provide pictures on the instructions but also showed you first hand the steps needed, what else can be added to that? What step of the instructions for copying the files are not clear, what screen grab would be needed? What written description on the instructions that can be applied to everybody do you desire?

What do you reccomend at this point...?

before 2 we will give it a shot again and see were we get.. does the tranny file thats in the autocal with the error code have to be removed before the new one goes in?

If we dont get anywere, Ill leave a msg on here of the status..

Thanks again, Sorry for the headache!

Archived