Nitto Terra Grapplers on 20" OEM rims??

beeker356

I will be buying the 20" OEM GMC rims for my 2010 Sierra 1500. I will also be installing the 2" Leveling Kit on the front. I want to go with the Nitto Terra Grapplers and would like to get something that fills out the wheel wells a little better than stock without having to worry about rubbing (I have GM Mud Flaps on front and back). I don’t want to go too much wider, just a little bigger. I know this question has been covered multiple times but I am looking to get a positive answer before I spend the $1000+ on tires. Any pictures would be helpful... Thanks in advance.

Possibly the 285 55 r20 It looks like it is only .48" bigger and .63" wider?

Josh

The 285/55/20 will fit just fine...and look much better than stock. I know two guys running those with a level on stock rims.

Thanks for the reply. Do you know if these guys have the mud flaps, I would hate to have to take them off / have one ripped off due to clearance issues? I know I am asking a lot here but any pictures of your friend’s set up?

Josh

I have 305 50 20 Nitto Terra Grapplers on GM OEM 20s with a 2" level. No rubbing, but I don't have mud flaps to worry about on my truck. Ride quality and road noise is equal to the factory Goodyears, but can tell these tires are heavier than stocks were. Here are a few pictures.

IMG_2477.jpg

IMG_2478.jpg

IMG_2482.jpg

The 285/55/20 will fit just fine...and look much better than stock. I know two guys running those with a level on stock rims.

Thanks for the reply. Do you know if these guys have the mud flaps, I would hate to have to take them off / have one ripped off due to clearance issues? I know I am asking a lot here but any pictures of your friend’s set up?

Josh

I know one guy has mud flaps...the other I can't recall for sure. And sorry, but I don't have any pics. They're not really 'friends' of mine...just guys I've seen around town and checked out their truck in the parking lot, haha. Those 285's will look similar to TX SS's setup....just not quite as wide. They should fit no problem.

There is a local dealership around my area that is installing the 2" leveling kits on new 4x4's with the 20' stock rim and LT295/55/R20's, Nitto Trail Grapper MT's and they look great.

Are they doing this without any fender mods and plastic trimming?

I hate how the dealership puts wheel weights on the outside of these

Wheels. It so F's up the rims, I had my dealership put them on the

Inside of the rim, when they removed them there were marks from the weights

So mad

So mad

i think they are shiped to the dealer that way

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

So mad

the wheel weights are so stupid.. pisses me off to. the rims on my 03 are ruined because wheel weights were left on them

Had the nitto's on my '02. Great tire with good traction but wore out in a hurry. Check the treadwear rating, even though it is I believe assigned by the manufacturer and not an independent tester...Hey TX SS, next time warn me before you post a closeup of your wheels and tires, I'll put on my sunglasses :thumbs:

I have 305 50 20 Nitto Terra Grapplers on GM OEM 20s with a 2" level. No rubbing, but I don't have mud flaps to worry about on my truck. Ride quality and road noise is equal to the factory Goodyears, but can tell these tires are heavier than stocks were. Here are a few pictures.

IMG_2477.jpg

IMG_2478.jpg

IMG_2482.jpg

I like that setup. Do the tires stick out or do they still stay under the wheel wells? My only concern is that the tires will throw stones and road grime along the side of my truck and damage the paint.

Josh

I like that setup. Do the tires stick out or do they still stay under the wheel wells? My only concern is that the tires will throw stones and road grime along the side of my truck and damage the paint.

Josh

Tires sit pretty flush with fenders and don't throw/splash any worse than the stock 275s. 305 is only about 1" wider than 275, so you are only adding 1/2" width to the outside. As you can see though I'm using stock rims. If you have aftermarket rims with different offset/spacing your results may be different.

Archived