Speakers Quit Working

I have a 2007 GMC Sierra, newest body style. This morning when I started the truck only the small front speakers are working. I have never had any trouble with the audio system before. I get no sound from the door or rear speakers. Only sound I get is coming from the two small speakers on the pillar. Looking at the fuse panels in the owners manual, I only see one fuse for the audio system. Any ideas on what is wrong?

Thanks,

Steve

I doubt that all of the speakers except the little ones on the pillar would go bad at the exact same time.

There must be a connector or wire bad some place but I don't know where to look.

You are probably right but blackout is also right. I had a speaker stop working.

There are many opinions on this I just take them from work trucks, if you go to put one in you'll find the stock ones are in a stupid raised housing, search in the audio section. People are very creative with what they did for the door.

Very common GM truck problem. Speakers go out one at a time but you don't notice it until they have all bit the dust. Pick up 2 sets of speakers from Feebay and you will be blown away by the poor factory sound you used to have.

That is exactly what happened. I have a friend that owns a car stereo business. I stopped by his place yesterday on the way home from work. He installed 4 new Alpine speakers in my truck. The difference is unreal. It made the truck enjoyable to drive again.

Archived