gas tank size??

That should be correct. It is also what is showing on the website for GMC. Confirmation? That I can't help you with, drive it until it's at half a tank and see how much you put back into for a (rough) estimate. My half tank always takes 12 gallons to refill. My tank size is also 26 gallons so it won't be exact by any means.

You always have a few after it hits e so when you fill from there it will be less than 26 gallons

This is true but I hate running my tank that low...old habit from driving in Alaska winters. Anytime I'm below half I'm pinging until I get to the gas station and I now only live 5 miles from work where as in Alaska it was 45 miles and lots of open land in between "towns".

That should be correct. It is also what is showing on the website for GMC. Confirmation? That I can't help you with, drive it until it's at half a tank and see how much you put back into for a (rough) estimate. My half tank always takes 12 gallons to refill. My tank size is also 26 gallons so it won't be exact by any means.

maybe it was different in 06 but my 03 has a 23 or 24 gallon tank

okay, thanks. i was at 3/4 and topped it off and it seemed like more than 6 gallons to get it back to full. i don't remember the number exactly. draining the tank way down is bad for the fuel pump. correct?? i thought the gas acted as a coolant for the pump. mine never goes below half tank any way.

GM shortbeds have been 26 gallons since at least 99 when the 800s started. My truck goes longer on the first quarter tank than the rest (as indicated by the gauge). Lots of vehicles are like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, the fuel gauge is not very accurate. Mine is pretty slow getting to the half mark, and then moves faster down to E. I have generally run my tank down to E, or pretty close, between fill ups, and I always top it off, generally takes about 22 - 24 gallons.

On the several times that I have filled up at 1/2, it takes more like 14 or 15 gallons.

maybe it was different in 06 but my 03 has a 23 or 24 gallon tank

Only if you didn't have the stock tank

Ryan

Archived